Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cheap gift IDEAS for MULTIPLE people at WORK...like 10 people?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

I don't want to give stuff people are like "ugh" and throw out, b/c I know when people get those, it's just filling land fills. I'm looking for something inexpensive, or something I can make or something...here's why:

my dh was promoted to supervisor over a year ago and he has 10 employees, so they always get him stuff and spoil him like on boss's day and so on....We'll we are always so broke at xmas, I am really frugal at stocking up all year long on gifts. But we haven't gotten anything for them, yet.

I was thinking of like foaming hand sanitizer maybe in vanilla or something from BBWorks (you know I can get those on sale for like 3$ each and use coupons, etc) and then tie a bow around it and wrap it up with something else like a candy cane and what else? Just something small. Idk if my husband would think that is dweebie, I'm sure he would.

Or I can make gluten-free brownies for everyone and wrap up 3 or 4 each in some pretty wrap? My fav GFree brownie mix is 6$ a bag=1 pan of brownies, so I'd get 2 bags for 12$ and then find some xmas wrap somewhere (like clingwrap?). They have some gluten-free people there and we love to trade recipes.

OR IDEAS?????

No my DH"s dad is a pharmacist/manager so he usually goes out and buys 20$ giftcards for his employees each. That's crazy! He spends like 300$ or more just on them. Very thoughtful but we are not that rich! Not a pharmacist's salary at least ; )

Tips, ideas, shopping, health, moms, Gluten-free, quick recipes, frugal living, reviews, weight loss efforts, funny stuff and more! bablondie.blogspot.com

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM

One year for Christmas I got my co-workers some latte mugs(I got them at The Christmas Tree Shop for 2.99 ea),put in a cocoa packet,some mini marshmellows in small snack bags tied with a ribbon and a candy cane. 

Lilypie
minnie14
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:51 PM

One year I was at the white candle barn and they reduced the oil burners to 5.00 really nice ones for christmas like an ornament, silver and white, I bought like 5 to give out if i had forgotten anyone worked out great.  The oils were cheap too so I added one in each.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Even a $5 Dunkin Donuts gift card could get everyone either breakfast one morning or coffee for two days.

collegemama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:55 PM

I like the idea of baked goods! (why gluten free? just curious) Baked items are always a hit at christmas.

I also like the mug idea with coffee, tea, cocoa or soup mixes inside. At Michaels craft store they have some soupbowl type christmas mugs that are very nice looking for only 1$ each. You could also pair it along with a candy cane like suggested AND a chocolate dipped plastic spoon (or silverware if you can find some cheap at like the dollar tree) which are very easy to make and are fun to stir hot cocoa or coffee with.

Do you know how to sew? You could get a bunch of solid color hand towels (christmas colors if you want) and monogram initials of each worker on each towel.

Jynnifer292
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I made 25 pounds of fudge one year and bought pretty candy boxes to put it in. Everyone got about a pound and a half. They loved it. I have a great fudge recipe that makes 5 pounds at a time if you are interested.  

Crystallynn
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Check out websites....one year I ordered a set of 24 ornaments with angels on them from ABC distrubuting and gave all the girls in my office one ornament and 2 scratch off lottery tickets each.  The ornaments were only like 7.00 for the set.....

TarotMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM

You can check to see if Blockbuster has any deals on some coupons as gifts. Everyone likes movies. Or you can check with you local theatre to see what they may have in the form of a gift certificate.

bablondie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Well first off, my kids BEG me for my gluten-free brownies, they are just bar none the best, and they aren't on gluten-free diets, only I am, so it's just for TASTE. and 2, he has coworkers that are wheat intolerant so we exchange glutenfree recipes, so naturally I'd make them gluten free so the ones who can't have them: can (well everyone can. lol).

I love the mug ideas. No, no sewing talent, except one year I made fleece rice bags to heat up in microwave for everyone.

Quoting collegemama:

I like the idea of baked goods! (why gluten free? just curious) Baked items are always a hit at christmas.

I also like the mug idea with coffee, tea, cocoa or soup mixes inside. At Michaels craft store they have some soupbowl type christmas mugs that are very nice looking for only 1$ each. You could also pair it along with a candy cane like suggested AND a chocolate dipped plastic spoon (or silverware if you can find some cheap at like the dollar tree) which are very easy to make and are fun to stir hot cocoa or coffee with.

Do you know how to sew? You could get a bunch of solid color hand towels (christmas colors if you want) and monogram initials of each worker on each towel.

Tips, ideas, shopping, health, moms, Gluten-free, quick recipes, frugal living, reviews, weight loss efforts, funny stuff and more! bablondie.blogspot.com

bablondie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Yummy!

Quoting Jynnifer292:

I made 25 pounds of fudge one year and bought pretty candy boxes to put it in. Everyone got about a pound and a half. They loved it. I have a great fudge recipe that makes 5 pounds at a time if you are interested.  

bablondie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I like this idea, I know Walgreens sometimes has 1.50$ mugs or something. Then fill with something.

I'd really love to make brownies and put like 3 or 4 brownies wrapped up cutely in something..not sure what but something like 2$ ceramic thing from Walgreens. I guess I'll have to go to Walgreens and checkout what they have. I know it all can add up fast. I'll plan for 20$ tops and end up 60$ later. lol

Quoting mamaslilpunkin:

One year for Christmas I got my co-workers some latte mugs(I got them at The Christmas Tree Shop for 2.99 ea),put in a cocoa packet,some mini marshmellows in small snack bags tied with a ribbon and a candy cane. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)