Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you separate your laundry?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM
  • 60 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you separate your darks from your whites?

Options:

Everytime

Nope

Only with delicates

Somtimes

Only when it's new

other (cause there just has to be an "other" option :-P

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 176

View Results

I was just curious to know if you ladies separate your darks from your whites?

I usually just throw everything in at once.

The ONLY time I do happen to separate is when I buy something new, than it just gets washed by itself a few times, but it will eventually end up with the rest of the hodgepodge of clothes.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allurasmamma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM

yeah.... in piles of who it belongs to......lol

i do seperate towels from all the other clothes.

Same with washcloths.

And i bleach the socks every time so they have their own pile.

Dylansmom32509
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I throw everything at once except my DH white undershirts that I bleach.

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I never did when I was a teenager lol but now I do. With mine and dh's clothes, we have the plain white shirts pile, white shirt with writings or pic on it pile, jeans, colored, underwears, and then the all black pile.

MissiHampt
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM

YES, always!  And don't get me wrong, I love when my hubby tries to help out....but he throws it all together and that annoys me SO bad.  I soak my whites in the washer overnight with Oxyclean, so everything comes out nice and clean and white.  If he washes, everything looks dingy again....

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

moorhead2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM

my piles consist of

Jeans

darks

lights

whites

towels

and bedding

mirandas_mom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Okay.. at the risk of sounding lazy, I'm going to be honest here...

SOMETIMES I seperate whites, colors, darks, delicates, etc. But most of time I'm tired, I don't feel like or am just plain sick of doing laundry, so I throw it all in together and let 'er rip!

I also have been known to let it sit in the basket unfolded for a day or two (hangs head in shame).. 

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I usually toss everything in together,with a few exceptions.If I have something new that might bleed,I just wash it with colors. I don't wash jeans and towels together because they take forever to dry in my dryer!

Lilypie
cshepard
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:49 PM

this

Quoting allurasmamma:

yeah.... in piles of who it belongs to......lol

i do seperate towels from all the other clothes.

Same with washcloths.

And i bleach the socks every time so they have their own pile.

rickys_mom19
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:50 PM

yes. i have darks, whites, towels, and bedding.

I'm Stephanie, a 21 year old vaxing, circumcising, breastfeeding, ERF, sometimes CIO, passionate about car seat safety, loving mommy to Ricky (9-9-07) & Judeth (7-7-09). Wife to Tobyjoe (7-12-08)

mommy2zach
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:50 PM

HAHA...I so do this too!! Then I'm annoyed at myself b/c it takes a whole 10 mins to do and everything is all wrinkly! 

Quoting mirandas_mom:

Okay.. at the risk of sounding lazy, I'm going to be honest here...

SOMETIMES I seperate whites, colors, darks, delicates, etc. But most of time I'm tired, I don't feel like or am just plain sick of doing laundry, so I throw it all in together and let 'er rip!

I also have been known to let it sit in the basket unfolded for a day or two (hangs head in shame).. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)