Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's My Son's Bloodtype?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM
  • 45 Replies

When I had my son, they didn't check his bloodtype because I wasn't Rh- (he was born over here in Germany if that matters).

Anyways, how did you find out your child's bloodtype?

He (my son) got a PKU test done at the clinic on post and they told me that I would get something in the mail in a few weeks about it...will it have his bloodtype on it?

Thanks!

Also, my bloodtype is A+ and Dh is B+ and based on the bloodtype calculator, our son can have any bloodtype positive or negative based on our bloodtypes.

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondieblue2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:54 PM

They don't check blood types because insurance won't pay for it unless there is a reason such as surgery.

HLoeffler08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Your doctor might do it!

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:56 PM

okay. so how am i supposed to know his bloodtype?

Quoting blondieblue2:

They don't check blood types because insurance won't pay for it unless there is a reason such as surgery.

All4you
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:56 PM

They tested both of my kids right in the hospital. My son is O- like me and dd is AB- like her dad. I never got any paper in the mail after the PKU test so I don't know if it will be on there or not

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Talk to the medical records office and get a copy of his medical records, they should be on there.  Mine and my husband's are on our medical records.

imechard
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I don't know. It is very simple to check, but I am from Europe and never knew my bloodtype until I came over here. Both my kids were tested because I am Rh- and they needed to know if I needed the second shot.

prncssinwaiting

if you did the rh thing it should be in his file some where cause they would have had to test his blood to find out if his blood was different. in order to give you the shot. i know when i had my daughter i needed the shot cause my hubbs and i are different blood types but my daughter came out neg like me so i didnt need the shot again. 

lcappytan05

how would it be on there if they dont even check for it? plus everyone at the hospital speaks german and I dont speak an ounce of german.

Quoting KT9105:

Talk to the medical records office and get a copy of his medical records, they should be on there.  Mine and my husband's are on our medical records.

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:00 PM

i think you misread it...Im NOT Rh- and both Dh and I have + blood types...so there would have been no reason to test for it...

Quoting prncssinwaiting:

if you did the rh thing it should be in his file some where cause they would have had to test his blood to find out if his blood was different. in order to give you the shot. i know when i had my daughter i needed the shot cause my hubbs and i are different blood types but my daughter came out neg like me so i didnt need the shot again. 

All4you
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)