Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bath Time Help

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

My two year old daughter absolutely refuses to tilt her head back so I can wash her hair.  I try to keep the water out of her face as much as possible but she crys when I wash her hair(use johnson and johnson no tears).  Any suggestions on what to do???

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shananagins86
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:57 PM

They make this thing that's like a hat that's supposed to keep the water out of their eyes, I'll see if I can find it on a website.  Also, you could just lay her back so her head is practically already in the water.

You can't get to know me through a blurb, because I can't sum myself up with one.   coast guard Proud to be a Coastie wife!

mamivon2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:57 PM

cover her eyes with a washcloth or let her wear some goggles or so. Maybe use a little watering thing one of those you water flower with..

Freakbabydoll
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:58 PM

bump sry no help here my son 14months lets us pour water over his head w/o covering eyes and lays back in the tub for fun and slides around.

shananagins86
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:00 PM

There's this

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2793366

You can't get to know me through a blurb, because I can't sum myself up with one.   coast guard Proud to be a Coastie wife!

shananagins86
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:02 PM

and this

mamadrama07

I'm sure something like this would work.

They come in a 2 pack at Toys R Us for $4.88.

JinerasMom

Quoting shananagins86:

There's this

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2793366

I have this...It doesn't work as well as I thought it would. You might have better luck with it but you still need to be able to tilt your child's head back a little.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM

ill give you a bump.  we just poured it over his face from the get go, i dont want him to be afraid of the water

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:06 PM

i have the SAME problem.  my 2 year old has hated water on her face since infancy, even with the special bath rinsing cup.  so what i do is, have a dry washcloth next to me, count to three, and rinse on "three".  then i immediately dry her eyes and do it again until her hair is shampoo-free.  she cries and hates it, but what else can i do??  lol

chabb
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Quoting shananagins86:

They make this thing that's like a hat that's supposed to keep the water out of their eyes, I'll see if I can find it on a website.  Also, you could just lay her back so her head is practically already in the water.

I cant lay her back she freaks, and I dont know why.  She loves to be in the tub just not on her back she lays on her belly though, she also loves the pool.  I am going to try the hat thing and see how that goes over with her.  Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)