Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get ink out of my couch!?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:56 PM
  • 3 Replies

My lovely artist of a son decided that while Mommy scrubbed the bathroom he would draw all over the couch with a pen.  It's not  just a few lines, well most of it is, but there is a spot where he scribbled and scribbled!  I am so frustrated I can't think straight!  My couch is only 1.5 years of, it's micro-fiber and a light tan color.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kimber2431
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:01 PM

bump... no clue thats why my couches are old peices of crap atm i refuse to get anything new just for my kids to ruin i know they will:) good luck though maybe someone has an answer for ya.

krista778
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM

start with a dry white rag and some hair spray (areosol works best, but you can use the pump stuff too). Spray some hair spray directly on the ink. Wait 10-15 seconds and then rub with the rag. Some ink should transfer from the couch to the rag. Repeat until the ink is gone. Then, get a wet rag and wipe over the area to dillute and wash out the hairspray in the microfiber. Let it dry. You may need to let it dry and wipe with water a couple of times to rinse out the hairspray residue completely. If you are worried about the hairspray hurting you couch fabric, try spraying it first in a hard to see area. I don't think you should have any problem with it irritating fabric.

mommy_of3boys
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Quoting krista778:

start with a dry white rag and some hair spray (areosol works best, but you can use the pump stuff too). Spray some hair spray directly on the ink. Wait 10-15 seconds and then rub with the rag. Some ink should transfer from the couch to the rag. Repeat until the ink is gone. Then, get a wet rag and wipe over the area to dillute and wash out the hairspray in the microfiber. Let it dry. You may need to let it dry and wipe with water a couple of times to rinse out the hairspray residue completely. If you are worried about the hairspray hurting you couch fabric, try spraying it first in a hard to see area. I don't think you should have any problem with it irritating fabric.

I don't think the hairspray can do any more or worse damage than the pen has!  LoL  Thank you I will try this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)