Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need quick, cheap and easy SUPPER IDEAS!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:09 PM
  • 13 Replies

Come on ladies, i know were all trying to pinch pennies and cut coupons right now since its getting so close to the holidays.

Give me some quick, cheap and easy supper ideas that are picky kid friendly! (something besides chicken patties, corn dogs and hot dogs! lol)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
americanpeso
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM

French toast sticks!! my kids love them!!

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM

baked spaghetti (cooked spaghetti noodles, sauce, and cooked ground beef in casserole dish, covered with cheese)

chicken enchiladas (cooked & shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, warmed up tortillas, and cheese)

Snowflake2034
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM

check out the Budget wise section of kraft foods. com here: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Budget/BudgetLandingPage.aspx

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Pizza

Pillsbury pizza crust

small can of tomato sauce/small can of tomato paste

Italian seasoning, garlic, salt (mix with tomato sauce/1/2 can paste)

Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!!! 

(hamburger, pepperoni, onions, black olives, tomatoes, ham, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, shrimp, anything you can think of!)

turkey dinnerBe thankful for what you have.

TheSinFamily
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:16 PM

homemade mac and cheese :: pasta, 1 can mushroom soup (with 1 can milk) shredded cheese.

I also add cooked, diced chicken and either spinach or frozen mixed veggies. For the sauce add soup, milk and spinach/veggie (still frozen) into a pot and cook until hot then add cheese until all melted, then add cooked pasta and cooked chicken (if you use it). SUPER EASY!

Jynnifer292
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Potato and Bacon Soup

1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces

1 large onion, chopped

3 or 4 cups of peeled potato, chopped into small pieces

1 small can chicken broth

2 cans of cream of celery soup

2 cups of milk

ground black pepper

In a large pot, cook bacon. Remove bacon from pot with a slotted spoon and save aside. Discard all but 3 tblsp of bacon fat. In the pot, brown the onion in the bacon fat. Add the potato and chicken broth. Add enough water to cover the potatoes. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until potato is tender.

Mix together milk and cream of celery soup until smooth and add to the pot. Don't allow it to boil, just simmer a bit. Crumble up bacon and add it to the pot. Season with pepper.

I let it sit on the burner on warm for an hour before we ate.

jessiesluv
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:24 PM

thanks mommas! yall are making me hungry! lol 

wishbearmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM

I'm really lucky - none of my kids are picky. But here are some ideas: omelets are my hat trick when I can't find anything else to cook. You can do a simple cheese omelet and top it with canned chili, more cheese, salsa and sour cream. Pizza meatballs are a favorite at my house. You can do baked potatoes with almost any topping. Let the kids make their own. Sometimes I make stroganoff and put it on top.  You can do almost any steamed veggie, cheese, chili, ham....

Roasting a chicken is the easiest thing in the world. Rub your favorite seasonings on it and serve it with a side of rice or stuffing from a box. Make soup or a casserole from the leftovers. I have a great recipe for chicken club casserole. You top canned biscuits with mayo, cook crumbled bacon, chopped tomato, cooked chicken and cheese. I also have a simple recipe for cheeseburger pie. It's almost like a meatloaf fillling you put in a pie crust. Top it with cheese and bake it.

You can add almost any combination of meat and veggies to pasta. It's great tossed with taco seasoning mix, sour cream and cheese. Add black beans or kidney beans and corn and maybe a little chopped sweet bell pepper and olives. 

friendlymom5
by Lisa on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM

On Monday I bought a beef  pot roast for $7.98. Monday I put it in the crockpot with a packet of brown gravy, water and onion, sprikled with pepper. Monday we had pot roast with gravy, mashed potatoes and carrots.

Tuesday I cut 1 cup off of roast and shreaded it and cooked with black beans and corn, a little cumin and had softshell tacos/burritos.

Wednesday I put the roast into a pot and added 4 cups of water and a pkg of Au Jus. We had buns, a little sliced onion and provolone cheese, french dips with au Jus and mac n cheese and lettuce salad.

Thursday (tonight) we mixed 1/2 the remaining beef in a pot with brown sugar, mustard and ketchup to make a bbq sauce. Had BBQ beef sandwiches with green beans and leftover salad from last night.

Friday we will have the rest of the beef, cut in chunks mixed with some onions, peppers, and broccoli, carrots. Put on top of rice for a stir fry supper. We have some leftover au jus I will add to make the sauce. Yum

Wonderful week of recipes for 1 pot roast.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

That must have been a HUGE roast!

Quoting friendlymom5:

On Monday I bought a beef  pot roast for $7.98. Monday I put it in the crockpot with a packet of brown gravy, water and onion, sprikled with pepper. Monday we had pot roast with gravy, mashed potatoes and carrots.

Tuesday I cut 1 cup off of roast and shreaded it and cooked with black beans and corn, a little cumin and had softshell tacos/burritos.

Wednesday I put the roast into a pot and added 4 cups of water and a pkg of Au Jus. We had buns, a little sliced onion and provolone cheese, french dips with au Jus and mac n cheese and lettuce salad.

Thursday (tonight) we mixed 1/2 the remaining beef in a pot with brown sugar, mustard and ketchup to make a bbq sauce. Had BBQ beef sandwiches with green beans and leftover salad from last night.

Friday we will have the rest of the beef, cut in chunks mixed with some onions, peppers, and broccoli, carrots. Put on top of rice for a stir fry supper. We have some leftover au jus I will add to make the sauce. Yum

Wonderful week of recipes for 1 pot roast.

turkey dinnerBe thankful for what you have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)