Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tongue piercing HELP ASAP updated with details

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

did any of your tongue piercings ever get infected? How did you know they were? whatd you do?

My tongue ( not the whole) is a yellowish green ( ive been using blue listerine) ? And there is white stuff coming from the hole..

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Nope mine never did, you're supposed to keep it very clean, even after it heals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MzSeXyC

i used to have mine pierced. never got infected. if you think it may be infected try calling the place you had it done, and see what they suggest.

heres a bump. :) 

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Mine didn't...but what makes you think it's infected?Redness,swelling,bleeding,pus?If you think it's infected see a Doc for antibiotics.

Photobucket
QuickMomma

I dont know,mine has never gotten infected either.

Susan262
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM

I don't know, but I would put a little peroxide on it.  Just don't swallow it.

BrodysMommy251
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Mine never got infected, but it was an overall pain, while healing. You basically have to learn to eat again, LOL. Mine closed up about a year ago, and I'd never do it again. 

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Nope mine never did, you're supposed to keep it very clean, even after it heals. I soaked my barebells in mouth wash over night. I had problems sleeping with mine in.

Jenn

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
americanpeso
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Mine never did, but if you have green stuff coming out of it, it's infected. Make sure you use mouthwash frequently. Don't chew gum, cuz it raises your chances of infection. I've had mine done 3 times, and as long as I did the mouthwash thing I was good. If you think it is infected, go to the dr!!!

tattooedxmama13
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:19 PM

ok, when did you get your toung pierced?  is it oozing any puss? give the details. rinse with diluted listerine every time you eat , smoke, drink, if anything goes in your mouth rinse. if you dont have listerine on hand use salt water (warm)  and as soon as you can go back to your piercer or if it is really bad head to the ER. they will be able to help :) if the barbell is to "toght" meaning they put a barbell thats too small that could be causeing discomfort and they would have to switch it out for one long enough. i hope im helpin you. :)

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

allurasmamma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM

never did i have mine done but my ex did. Yes it can get infected if food gets into it or dirt/germs. All to do it rinse with antiseptic anti-bacterial and it should make it better! That and salt water gargles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)