Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were you ready?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM
  • 30 Replies

When you found out that you were pregnant (with any of your pregnancies), did you feel that you were ready to have a baby? Were you scared at all? 

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allurasmamma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:18 PM

yes and no. I mean is everybody ever really ready? There is so much involved with having and planning a baby.

lvnmylif
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:19 PM

When I had my first baby I was worried I would be a bad mother but I didn't feel like I wasn't ready for the responsibility.  At the times in my life I have felt not ready to have a baby I either wasn't having sex or taking extra precautions to not get pregnant.

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM

i was ready for #1, not for #2.  I had wanted to wait at least 4 years before getting pregnant again, since my first pregnancy was so horrible, but I'll be the first to tell you that life has a funny way of giving you what you had no idea you wanted (or needed)

what would i do without her??

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I was in complete denial. It didn't last long though. Maybe about and hour or so then I was super excited. 

krista778
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM

No I was not ready. It was a surprise and I was terrified. IF I ever have another it will be planned and I will know what not to do as opposed to just winging it like the first.

prayingforsnow
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM

We're TTC and completely ready financially- working on the nursery and home renovations/babyproofing now so we'll be fully prepared before the baby comes. As far as being emotionally ready, I think we are- we have a lot of love, knowledge, and time to give. But is any first time parent ever 100% ready? :)

"Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything- that's how the light gets in." -Leonard Cohen
luv2wahm
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I was 100% ready...I had my first when I was 29...dh and I were financially ready and I was able to stay home for 9 years raising my kids...we were ready as far as having a stable home life, we owned a home, we planned our pregnancy...yep we were prepared.

Team Santa~

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

cassielynne
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I was ready for my first and third.  I wasn't ready for my second because I was on birth control and my daughter was only 9 months old.  It was worth it, but it was very hard with 2 small children, especially since my hustand left me when I was pg with our second.

celticreverie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I was scared with both. Becka I was only 19... we didn't have a lot of money, etc. It was so scary, I felt so unprepared and too young to be a mom.

With Taegen it was scary for different reasons.

mandalouwhotn
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Not the first, I was in HS and terrified.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)