Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying really hard not to freak out in front of my kids right now...

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM
  • 165 Replies

I am sooooo upset right now. Its really hard to hold it together in front of my kids...I know Im gonna break down as soon as they go to bed. I normally get child support every other Thursday...well today was the day so I went to check my account online this morning, and nothing. I was like ok, dont freak out maybe its late because of the bank holiday yesterday. Well I checked periodically throughout the day, and still nothing. I tried to stay calm all day, and when my kids got home I asked them if their dad had said anything to them about his job or anything the last time they talked to them. They told me he said he was thinking about quitting because he didnt want to do physical labor anymore (he is an underground coal miner). Well, I guess he went ahead and did it. I am a single mom and a full time nursing student...until I graduate (in 5 weeks thank God) and get a job, child support is my only income. I am so mad and upset right now I can hardly sit still. I have no idea what Im going to do! I just did the grocery shopping so thank God we have food for about 2 weeks, but after that...and I need gas to get to school, not to mention Christmas is in 6 weeks!!!! I am so pissed at him for doing this to us right now! He lives with his parents and has no bills, so I guess it's no big deal to him. What a pathetic loser I chose to marry and have kids with. Thanks for reading...I just needed to vent

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edwardsgirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I'm sorry.

Can you call him and ask him about it?

TheSinFamily

I'm sorry :((

Have you talked to him at all today?

lovemymarine306

wow, i'm so sorry.  have you been in contact with him?

mandalouwhotn
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Ok, Im not trying to be mean, but why should your ex-husband be supporting you?  I mean yes its bad he can just choose not to pay child support, but you shouldn't be living all CS either.  You should eb contributing to your kids welfare the same way that loser you married should be.  JMO.

adamjackie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry.

haileysmama05
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. My daughter's father is also a complete loser. He has NO income so i have NO child support and have not recieved a dime from him. Thank God for the rest of my family or i have no idea what i would do .I am also stressing about christmas but i figure as long as they have a few presents under the tree, they won't be upset. Kids are kids, they'll be happy with what they get!  Hope things get better for you mama!

Tatum2U

start trying to sign up for as much help as you can ( Churches , toys4 tots , Salvation Army etc..) figure out what you can go w/out or sell ( like cancel HBO and the cell ph..?) (((Hugs))) I have been there YOUR SO CLOSE it will be okay !!! Talk w/the ex and find out what YOU CAN Count on him for. Let him know you must have some funds to feed the children etc,..

thDarwinFis4.jpg picture by kim0921_photo

mama310583

I was thinking the same thing

Quoting edwardsgirl:

I'm sorry.

Can you call him and ask him about it?

SnoBuny
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:30 PM

This....I am sure that it is really tough but it shouldnt be up to him anymore to support you. I hope you find a way thru this and congrats on school!

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

Ok, Im not trying to be mean, but why should your ex-husband be supporting you?  I mean yes its bad he can just choose not to pay child support, but you shouldn't be living all CS either.  You should eb contributing to your kids welfare the same way that loser you married should be.  JMO.

SWGA_Mommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I agree with this,  why should he have to pay all of YOUR bills for you.  I understand helping out but not paying for everything.

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)