Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spinoff chili post

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so I dont have the damn chili packet mix. I did and I dont know where it is so I do have chili powder how many have used this as a substitute?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM

i always use chili powder when making chili...never a mix. 

mommywife06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Really? So how much would you say? And do I add it when I add the tomato sauce or what? I am not good with this I have the mix and Im good to go lol

Quoting lovemymarine306:

little.miss.mom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Just use chilli powder and other seasonings and herbs.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM

No clue as I always cheat and use Bush's chili starter but here's a bump  :]

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM

yes, add it in the sauce and let it simmer...along with the other spices (like garlic powder and salt).  i can't tell you how much to use, though, because i don't know your proportions

Quoting mommywife06:

Really? So how much would you say? And do I add it when I add the tomato sauce or what? I am not good with this I have the mix and Im good to go lol

Quoting lovemymarine306:

CaeliMommyUSMC
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM

When i make chili all I use is chili powder...same with my dad.

mommywife06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM

1/2 pound of hamburger, with noodles(elbow) kidney beans on can and then the tomato sauce 1 can

Quoting lovemymarine306:

yes, add it in the sauce and let it simmer...along with the other spices (like garlic powder and salt).  i can't tell you how much to use, though, because i don't know your proportions

Quoting mommywife06:

Quoting lovemymarine306:

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM

for that, i would use 1/2 to a full Tablespoon...to taste, of course.  good luck!!

Quoting mommywife06:

1/2 pound of hamburger, with noodles(elbow) kidney beans on can and then the tomato sauce 1 can

Quoting lovemymarine306:

Quoting mommywife06:

Quoting lovemymarine306:

copperswifey
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I use 5 tablespoons but that is for 3 lbs of meat. I would start with one. I also use cumin in all my chili recipes. Start off with 1/2 teaspoon and just add to taste. Also if you have any jalepeno's or chili's those are good to add for flavor. =)

butterflyblu
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I also use regular chili powder.  I'd use about a Tbsp based on the amount you are making.  I make a bigger batch and use 2 Tbsp and it's not too spicy.  I don't really like spicy food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)