Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sigh... Rought Day for the kiddo... Need some advice.

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM
  • 0 Replies

So I babysit this kid... he came home and was having a rough day... Something happened at school and he said it was REALLY bad. But wouldn't tell me. His mom knows whats going on... and I feel its not my place to press for the topic. But during homework we were working on some math and he's calling himself stupid and how no one likes him... And he hates himself and what not... I came in there to tell him that he wasn't stupid and that people don't not like you... and wqhat not to try and console him a little to see if i could help him not be so upset... Well his mom is in the other room talking to another room about something im assuming about what happened at school... But now he's just so upset and frusterated... and when went in there to talk him and tell him those things she grabs me by the arm and was like... "ya know what you don't need to be apart of this." So I walked out and jumped on the computer... But ya know what I wasn't trying to butt in I was just trying to console him a ltitle... I don't know why I am even here to babysit him if I can't do anything to help... except get repremended by his mother like a child... I didn't appreciate it and on the ohter hand i do understand where she is comming from being thats her child. Just why doesn't she just take care of this issue and stay home for the night and figure this out with her son?? And let me go home for the night?? There is alot more to the story that im sure i don't know but his mom and dad are recently divorced his dad lives in another state and often gets that fatherly support from my boyfriend while his dad is gone... His dad comes to visit him about every 3 or 4 weeks or so. So he see's his father but not that often. So i know there are some issues residing with that... Tonight he was doing his homework and he got really frusterated because he doesn't knwo his 7 times table or his 8's and he called him self stupid and it really bothered me and the fact that his mom wouldn't say anything to him about that to make him feel better about himself just kind of boggled me. I dont' know... just a small vent ... im trying to stay out of the way over hereh lol

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)