Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some advice from the wise mothers of cafemom

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

Long story short I started dating a guy ive known for 8 years. we have a lot of history and dated in the past. but he left to go back to his babies mom. Now I am giving him a 2nd chance because I love him and I know he did it for his kids, and I commend him for trying to make it work with her. But it didnt and its 5 years later, and they have been apart for a while. He wasnt able to talk to his kids for 4 months and just today he FINALLY got to talk to his daughter(the mom went mia and he couldnt find them till now)and is waiting to hear from his son. But all of a sudden I have this feeling like maybe I am living dajavu! I am terrified that I am going to loose him again, and I dont know how I will cope with it a second time. I want very much for him to have a civil relationship with his ex and I want him to be able to have access to his kids but I cant help but feel worried. I mean he left me before for her.... what if it happens again?! Should I just break up with him now and save myself the hurt??? What would you do??? PLEASE HELP!!! In anyway that you can!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
krista778
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Have you tried talking to him about your fears? I would talk to him before doing something I might regret, Hope it works out for all involved

allyson2212
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

If you run every time that you "might" get hurt, then you'll be running the rest of your life. Give him the benefit of the doubt, let him know that you will be as supportive as you can, and communicate with him about how you feel. Good luck!!! 

jaiwheeler
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

thnx

Quoting krista778:

Have you tried talking to him about your fears? I would talk to him before doing something I might regret, Hope it works out for all involved

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)