Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayers for my VA friends and family Updated with picture

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

my goodness, im watching the weather channel and talking to my mom(she lives in virginia beach) and its crazy ass weather...Just want to send out prayers to everyone out there..

Here is a picture of my fiends driveway and front yard.....and the main street....ugh..i hope they all stay safe.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

is it the hurricane?

lexik16
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers... 

SAHM of 3 beautiful children, little flower

God Bless...

luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:50 PM

yea that place floods like crazy...i used to go to hampton university and they have the worst flooding

haileysmama05
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Yeah it is HORRIBLE out here.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Thank you!  I am in Richmond and we have gotten so much rain it's rediculous. It is not as bad as some places i am sure.  It has also been pretty windy, our lights were flickering tonight.   I'm starting to wonde if they will close the schools, the parking lot of my daughters school was extremely flooded and the roads were not great either.  I actually got stuck trying to pull out(had to park in grass)  it was so wet and muddy.

beckygeiger
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:52 PM

My neighborhood is not so bad but my friend in Poquoson VA has water up to the jumpy part of the big trampolines. you cant see the driveway it just looks like a cul-de-sac of houses in the middle of a lake

Quoting MommySwiggles:

is it the hurricane?

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Im not quite sure...im thinking its part of it. they call it a Nor'easter or something like that. I dont live there so all im seeing is whats on the weather channel and my mom says its worse than what they are showing on the weather channel. Lucky enough, her house isnt in the "flood zone" but her neighbor the the right of her is. We are hoping it doesnt get any worse.

Quoting MommySwiggles:

is it the hurricane?

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM

bump for update

GoddessAnna
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM

A hurricane outside of hurricane is a Nor'easter - and that's exactly what they've had.  Our house is in Virginia Beach - and we can't get a hold of any of our neighbors to both check on our house and check on them.  Our real estate agent is stuck at home, she had trees down and some damage - but she lives close to the ocean (our house is in Kempsville). 

I do hope everybody is alright down there!  The local authorities down in HR are usually pretty good about getting things back on track after a bad storm - but unfortunately, there's no way to make the flooding dissipate any faster.  I know Norfolk is practically under sea-level to begin with.

I will never be a perfect mother -  It's taken me years to be okay with that.

Instead, I am the type of mother my children need me to be - full of love, random trivia, and stocked with hoards of candy fish.

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Norfolk is where my friend lives... My parents live in Green Run area of Virginia Beach and i cant seem to get ahold of anybody in the house. Im sure they arnt flooded...i hope anyways....

Quoting GoddessAnna:

A hurricane outside of hurricane is a Nor'easter - and that's exactly what they've had.  Our house is in Virginia Beach - and we can't get a hold of any of our neighbors to both check on our house and check on them.  Our real estate agent is stuck at home, she had trees down and some damage - but she lives close to the ocean (our house is in Kempsville). 

I do hope everybody is alright down there!  The local authorities down in HR are usually pretty good about getting things back on track after a bad storm - but unfortunately, there's no way to make the flooding dissipate any faster.  I know Norfolk is practically under sea-level to begin with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)