Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Xmas cards?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

So another post got me thinking...it seems alot of people put a lot of thought (and money) into xmas cards.

So I'm wondering, are you one of those people? Do you send cards?

And the ones you receive what do you do with them?

I have never sent a xmas card...in my life. I do receive them(although you would think people would get the hint that I don't care for them)...I look at them and then throw them away. I had someone tell me I should save them...for what?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CVislosky
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I do send christmas cards. When I get them I hang them on a wall or something until New Years day when I take them down and throw them away. My parents and grandparents do the same thing. This is my first christmas on my own and I don't have a lo of decorations so the cards will be welcome. 

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Decoration, theres an idea. Like tape them to a door? I'm not sure thats for me though.

CAarmywife
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM

the cards we throw out unless they are picture cards. so this year i am doing picture xmas cards and it kills 2 birds with one stone. giving holiday pics of the kids and saying happy holidays. we are doing it through jcpenney for unde 40 we get 36 cards

catk78
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I don't waste time and energy on Christmas cards. If we do a family picture then I give them to family and close friends, but that is it. 

Septpreggo
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM

i never sent xmas cards till i had my dd, i stick her xmas pic in there and mail it off, that way the relatives i dont feel like seeing can say they saw my dd for the holidays.

MelonballBounce
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I send christmas cards to family (grandparents, parents, siblings). I take the pictures we get taking our daughter to Santa and put those pictures into those cards w/ the cutout on the front for pictures.

Any cards that I get I save. I feel terrible throwing out cards, and some have sweet notes I don't want to ever forget<3

eeyoreplus4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I send & receive them. The ones that I receive, I hang around the doorway until I take the tree down, then I save them for the next year when my children & I cut them out & make placemats with them. They are great gifts to give to shelters & nursing homes.

SarahMerritt_22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I guess I go a little crazy with them I normally have them ready to send out right after Thanksgiving. We normally do a card and a update letter... This year we will also be including   pictures of our family and our new house. * I also normally buy my Christmas cards on clearance the year before and get the expensive sets that have the matching paper and everything. I got this years for $2 last year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)