Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When Eating Pie...

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: do you eat your pie with a fork or spoon? (if you don't eat pie, you can answer for how you eat cake) **answer for what you MOSTLY use**

Options:

fork!!

spoon!!

spoon, but only for certain pies

neither, I use my hands!!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

Last night, I served DH pie and gave him a fork.  He said, "who eats pie with a fork?!" and got a spoon instead!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomX04
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM

You need an all of the above cause I use spoons, forks, my hands, hubby feeds me, knives....basically what ever is there and useful.

tattooedxmama13
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:07 PM

i need to bake an apple pie now :) thanks! lol

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM

lol...thats what we were eating too!  yummy

Quoting tattooedxmama13:

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM

dammit woman! this is the last straw I have to get stuff to make pie tomorrow!  first it was the food network show last night talking about pie and filling, now this.  the gods want me to have pie =)

MissiHampt
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I still use a fork even if it has ice cream on it.....

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:09 PM

i would, but too many people would select that option and I want to know what people use the most..lol

Quoting MomX04:

You need an all of the above cause I use spoons, forks, my hands, hubby feeds me, knives....basically what ever is there and useful.

MomX04
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM

LOL well in that case I would have to choose spoon.  I eat most everything with a spoon.  I eat fast and forks can be dangerous to the top of my mouth when they're moving fast.

Quoting lovemymarine306:

i would, but too many people would select that option and I want to know what people use the most..lol

Quoting MomX04:

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I have always wanted to pick up a piece of pie and just bite into it like they sometimes do on TV.  That looks like an awesome way to eat it.  Although, I am scared it would fall apart.

MomX04
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Quoting tattooedxmama13:

Why do you have to go and remind me.  I got two bags of apples today from K-mart for making apple pies.  I'm mainly putting it off cause I do not feel like making the crust but I'm not insane enough to pay $4-$5 per box for the premade crust.

collegemama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM

It depends on the pie. I will grab a spoon if the filling is gooey like cherry pie or a cream pie.

I will grab a fork if it is pretty solid like pecan or pumpkin.

If the crust on a pumpkin pie is cooked just right I will just pick it up and eat it like pizza. YUM

BUT if the pie has ice cream or whip cream on it then I almost always grab a fork.

I knew I would regret not buying pumpkin pie filling today!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)