Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could I please ask for your prayers? *a tad long* ** UPDATED ***

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:10 PM
  • 23 Replies

I'm having a bit of a pity party for myself, and I just feel like I could use some prayers.

My husband is in the Army, and when we had my son, we lived in Germany. Well, we're STILL trying to get his social security number a YEAR later, and we're living in the states again. So, that means that the Army isn't paying us anymore for having a dependant, and our 2008 tax return did not reflect us having any children. That's over $4000 that the goverment owes us. We've been doing ok, but the past couple of weeks have been hard. The brakes went out on our car, and a couple of bills were MUCH bigger than usual.

Things are VERY tight this month. Hubby and I were just looking at our budget and it's the day before payday... and our paycheck is nearly completely spent.

We're really trying hard not to ask anyone for money, because that's just a sure-fire way to get behind, ya know? We're trying to change some things around in our budget so that we're not so tight in the next couple of months... but this month is hard.

If you guys could just spare a couple of minutes to pray for my family, I would really appreciate it. I just feel like we need guidance in setting up a sucessful budget. (And sticking to it!)

Thanks for your time :) And sorry if this seems silly.

Thank you so much for your prayers last night. IT WORKED! I got an e-mail this morning from the Social Security office in Germany saying that they are sorry about it taking so long, and that it's going to take even longer. BUUUT... They gave me a document that I can take into a local social security office and by-pass the army. All I need is him, me and his passport.  This is amazing news! Now we can get the rest of our tax refund from last year, and if not by Christmas, then maybe right after.

Thank God, and thank all of you!! I so much appreciate your prayers and kind words last night! God Bless all of you :)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyWife4Life08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM

*Bump*

ArmyWife4Life08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM

*Bump again*

lilmom0417
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Wishing you the best of luck getting your budget together!  And you're in my prayers.

dannie0802
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM

many prayers for you and your family

Caffeineplease
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

http://www.wishuponahero.com/ I dont know if you have heard of this  site, but you can put a prayer  in there as you wish, or anything else you wish for..and someone may be your hero and grant you your wish, its a great site. 

ArmyWife4Life08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Thanks so much everyone. Like I said, I know it seems silly... but I'm praying, and it's a comfort knowing that others will do the same for me too :) Thank you all so much.

Avabliss
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM

bump!

and lots of good thoughts going your way!!  I know how hard the hard times are.  Keep your chin up and think about how AWESOME it will be once you get that $$!!

Momma to 2.5 yr old Avalon Grier
Wife to geekchic hotty Jeff
Friend to all

mama23almost4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM

good luckfeel better

prayers are being sent your way.

i know what you are going through it will get easier next month. 

budget budget budget!

ArmyWife4Life08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM

This is a great link. Thank you :)

Quoting Caffeineplease:

http://www.wishuponahero.com/ I dont know if you have heard of this  site, but you can put a prayer  in there as you wish, or anything else you wish for..and someone may be your hero and grant you your wish, its a great site. 

ArmyWife4Life08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Thank you so much. I check the mail EVERYDAY waiting for his social security card to come in.. haha. Someday soon I hope. The worst part is, is that it all has to go through the army, so there's absolutely nothing I can do. It stinks! But thank you so much for your kind words :)

Quoting Avabliss:

bump!

and lots of good thoughts going your way!!  I know how hard the hard times are.  Keep your chin up and think about how AWESOME it will be once you get that $$!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)