Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our roof is leaking and we still have at least a day and a half more rain...east coast of virginia

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

It has been raining for about 2 days now.  Our roof is now leaking.  Boy isnt life just full of surprises.    We are in the eastern part of Virginia...Hamptons Roads. 

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

i hope it gets better...i used to go to hampton university so I know how it can get out there... 

ColtonKeatonMom

My cousin lives in VA and her roof is leaking too. I'm sorry :(

mom2ljh

We're in Portsmouth.  I have my nephew for the night because he lives with his great grandma and his parents and her house is flooding.  He and DS are both 2 and are upstairs now causing a racket, LOL.
I hope the rain lets up soon for soooo many reasons.  Your roof just adds to the list.  I'm so sorry.  :(
The ONLY good side to this is DH got a day off tomorrow.  :)
As for this storm, its devastation is being compared to the Ash Wednesday storm of 1962.  That's the storm against which ALL storms are judged.  Its just BAD.

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

2chillins4me
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I live in VA and thank God my roof isn't leaking.  My dd's school is going in two hours late. 

tarams98020
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM

they have york county schools closed for today and tomorrow. 

Quoting 2chillins4me:

I live in VA and thank God my roof isn't leaking.  My dd's school is going in two hours late. 

lwalker270
by Lara on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I hear you!  We're in Suffolk and my kids are completely stir-crazy!  We're running out of indoor things to do...

tarams98020
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Oh yeah...."I'm bored" yeah I have heard that like 20 times today. 

Quoting lwalker270:

I hear you!  We're in Suffolk and my kids are completely stir-crazy!  We're running out of indoor things to do...

Shannonrae742
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM

That sucks. I'm sorry. My family is still in Va Bch, Chesapeake and Norfolk. They tell me it's not looking good out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)