Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone get the h1n1??

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just got tested for it today...so Im wondering, if you already had it.. how long did you have it for and how severe was it for you or your kids?

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Im a Married(to an AMAZING man), Breastfeeding, Former Formula-Feeding, Selective-Vaccine Giving, Pro-Life, Circumcizing, Co-Sleeping, Non-Judging, Jesus Loving, Stay at home Christian Mommy of 3 BEAUTIFUL wonderful amazing children!! :)
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyAnnaBanana
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM

My family had it.  My husband and children were barely sick.  I had a worse case.  I was very tired and weak for about a week.  I had a fever on and off for about 5 days.  Full recovery took me almost 3 weeks.  But I was functional after 2 weeks.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket  Photobucket

beckygeiger
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I tested negative, but I think I had it anyway. Started with the worst sore throat ever for 2 days then came the coughing. I would cough until I almost couldn't breath. I was up at night because my throat was so painful. i had chills and hot sweats. Iwent to the Army ER on day 3 they gave my a lidocaine/benadryl gargle for my throat, guaifenesin with codeine for my cough and Motrin for the body aches. I felt crappy for a good 3 weeks. I know people that tested positive got something called tamiflu that made the symptoms not as bad and they felt better within a few days.

1232Mom1977
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM
Dd got it. She had a headache so severe she couldn't move with out puking. She had a fever of 101. But she says it is like the worst kind of flu you have ever had but 10 times worse. Minor cough and severe runny nose.
CafeMom Tickers
pinkmommy3
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:48 AM

anyone experience like really weak legs?? or dizzyness? Ive had a fever, runny nose, congestion, sore throat, cough, extreme tiredness, head ache... but also I get super dizzy when I walk and my legs feel so weak like I might fall over 

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Im a Married(to an AMAZING man), Breastfeeding, Former Formula-Feeding, Selective-Vaccine Giving, Pro-Life, Circumcizing, Co-Sleeping, Non-Judging, Jesus Loving, Stay at home Christian Mommy of 3 BEAUTIFUL wonderful amazing children!! :)
pinkmommy3
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM
bump
mom2myangelboy
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Quoting pinkmommy3:

anyone experience like really weak legs?? or dizzyness? Ive had a fever, runny nose, congestion, sore throat, cough, extreme tiredness, head ache... but also I get super dizzy when I walk and my legs feel so weak like I might fall over 

My husband had it last week and my son had it this week. They both commented on weak legs, dizziness, headache. My son is 9 and had I not been in front of him coming down the stairs he would have gone down the stairs. His legs were so weak. THey had fevers for 4-5 days and sore throat and just feeling plain yucky!

mnmsmom2008
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM

My daughter has the flu right now, they didn't subtype it but according to the CDC most all flu bugs right now are the h1n1.  We are just on day 2 but my daughter has had a high fever from the moment it started, headache and cough.  Oh, a bit of a runny nose/sneezing but no body aches or sore throat yet however I can feel the that the glands in her neck are quite swollen.  She just turned 5.

I'm curious to hear how it went for others too.  I have a bad tickle in my chest, dry cough and my chest feels heavy so I assume by a day or so I will be as sick as she is.

Mesha125
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I saw a journal post a while back where a mom journaled her symptoms everyday. It was very imformative. I will try to see if I can find it 

pinkmommy3
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM

That would be awesome thank you!

Quoting Mesha125:

I saw a journal post a while back where a mom journaled her symptoms everyday. It was very imformative. I will try to see if I can find it 

Mesha125
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Quoting pinkmommy3:

That would be awesome thank you!

Quoting Mesha125:

Im still looking....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)