Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey - what do you know? Someone really DOES win those things!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM
  • 0 Replies

Of course, it's never me...

Quote:

Greenville Man Wins Publishers Clearing House

GREENVILLE, Mich. (WZZM) - After years of hearing, "you may already be a winner," a 75-year-old Greenville man finally got that knock on the door he's been waiting for on Thursday, Nov. 12. WZZM 13 was there as Publishers Clearing House made a special delivery.

The day started at the Blossom Shoppe in Belding, Mich., where the Publishers Clearing House team picked up roses and balloons for its winner. The Blossom Shoppe owner, Shirley Loree, is no stranger to working with the Publishers Clearing House. Loree did business with them 16 years ago when she delivered roses to a lady who won the sweepstakes in Greenville.

"We are just tickled for whoever's going to win this," said Loree. "And I'm going to follow along and see who won it."

Loree and Belding Mayor Roger Wills did just that. And when they arrived to the winning address, it was time to break out the good news.

"Robert Baker? My name is Jack Quinn. I'm with Publishers Clearing House. We have a nice little surprise. Could you step out please? You've won our Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes. $10,000 dollars!"

Baker's response was an enthusiastic "alright!" followed by a few claps.

"Here hold the check," said Quinn to a very happy Baker.

After taking part in the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes since 1974, Baker can finally celebrate.

"(Winning this) it's going to be a change in my life. That's for sure. I remember when a guy from Grand Rapids won. I never thought it would happen again around here," he said.

Now that it has, Baker has reason to smile after undergoing major heart surgery. Baker told WZZM 13 that he's planning on heading to Florida for a little sunshine. But more importantly, the money he won will benefit him and his family tremendously.

"It's gonna help my handicapped daughter," Baker said.

"Congratulations Mr. Baker," said Belding Mayor Roger Wills. "We're really happy for you. And it's nice to see something positive happen to you, especially when we have this medical issue."

Baker has some advice for those of you who have entered but haven't won the sweepstakes just yet.

"Keep on entering (to win). Maybe someday it will happen."

And who knows? You might just be the next winner.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)