Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you give more than you have?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: WIll you help give this season?

Options:

Sure! I always try to help out.

No,I already support the needy through taxes why do I need to buy presents as well?

I would but I can barely affordmy own

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 74

View Results

Just wondering if anyone will be donating or pulling aname ioff of a giving tree this Christmas.

Are you an art lover and looking for something different?

click here

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IHeartDraven
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM

As long as Im in a position where I can help, I will.

inspain
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I bought the first of several toys for a local orphanage today.  My kid reminded me.  She said it was time to sort her toys for the donation.  A friend and I will collect toys over the next few weeks and make the donation a few days before Christmas.  There are so many poor people here, you can never give enough.

The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions, is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble and that is what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting shit dead wrong. - Bill Maher
allyson2212
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM

The kids love to put money in Santas bucket, and we usually have the firemen that carry their boots around for donations too... Mommy loves to put money in theirs, lol. I always try to give, I love to set that example for my boys. My husband wasnt raised like that at all, his mom is one of the most selfish people I have ever met, and he still has a hard time not being that way, but hes got a good heart and is coming around. Hes finally realizing that by giving to someone else in need, then you are actually "get" something back for it.  

imthatgirl728

I was thinking of something like this this year. I like the ideas of those giving trees...but usually they have them at churches and I don't go to church.

I always give at all food drives...but I will try harder to find one of those trees this year.

Bos_Boo

I doubt we'll even have money to buy our own kids anything for Christmas so we definitely won't be buying for someone else's.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I always give as much as I can. I give to Toys for Tots, the USO, the Salvation Army and, if I can, I take an angel or two off the tree.

Mel30248
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Starting this year I am making it our family tradition to give something to an organization or cause close to our hearts every year. This year we will be giving however much cash we can to www.daisyschildren.org but through out the year I buy sandles, toothbrushes, washclothes, donate clothing, etc. I have a box just for this in my house at all times so when we go tothe dollar store often I'll pick up something or if we come across sandles on sale we buy a few bucks worth there is a store here that has them for 50cents sometimes. I think we will turn in our bottles though & use that money since we have recently had some expenses we didnt plan come up.

Army_Wife41
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I wish we could help someone this year....but we are barely making ends meet as it is.

It is pretty depressing....

baby

CafeMom Tickers

luv2wahm
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Sure will..we do every year. The year my son died we started a tradition of picking a boy who would have been Jason's age that year...this year it will be a 7 year old boy. Also, where I work they are collecting for toys for tots..I have donated a half a dozen toys so far...My girls save money every year to drop in the Salvation Army Red Kettles..it usually is about $10.00 they donate...

Team Santa~

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I always give. Even when me and my husband were just starting out together and had little money I still gave what I could. The sad fact is there are always people who have it worse, and if it means sacrificing your morning trip to the coffee shop just to give a few cans of food to the local food pantry you should do it and give too, you never know when you might need it someday.

Were you married in 2001? If so, come join us at 2001 Anniversaries.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/17057/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)