Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Care Package/ Gender Announcement Ideas...

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

I (hopefully) will find out what the gender of this baby is in 2 1/2 weeks and I am trying to think of ways to let DH know. I was going to send him a care package with "It's a Boy/Girl" banners, balloons, bubble gum cigars, and any other little favors I can find. I would like to put some more in there though. He is not a book person and I do not want to send anything "mushy". We are more goofy vs sentimental. Does anyone have any other ideas for things to put in there? TIA!!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:53 PM
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I'm not sure, but here's a bump!

CafeMom Tickers
Humboldt0608
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Go to the party store and get a big box and fill it with balloons with the announcements of it's a boy/girl. I would stay away from the latex, they don't last as long. The foil ones last forever!

Make sure that they are anchored to the box and let your hubby know which end to open up. So when he does open it the balloons will pop out. Then get a frame card (the cards you can insert pictures into and put a picture of the ultrasound picture. Then maybe some "it's a boy/girl" cigars or bubblegum cigars.

kemmerer411
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM

How bout you tie a pink or blue ribbon around your belly take a pic and send it to him ? ?

Crystallynn
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Does your hubby like football?  I found the coolest things on ebay.....

We happen to like the chicago bears which is why I have this one...LOL

Freakbabydoll
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM

see if it was me and my hubby i would Find Tons of stuff  opposite color of The true sex but One thing

Like if was a boy tons of pink Shredded paper or Tissue paper as packaging. Then Pink Ribbions

Pink Cigars but take the its a girl thing off. then i would find the Cuties Pair of baby boy booties and then i would write something cute on the card like ..I love Pink ! too bad we gotta do the nursery in blue

briansmommy7143
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Love this idea!

Quoting Freakbabydoll:

see if it was me and my hubbu\y i would Find Tons of stuff  opposite color of The true sex but One thing

Like if was a boy tons of pink Shredded paper or Tissue paper as packaging. Then Pink Ribbions

Pink Cigars but take the its a girl thing off. then i would find the Cuties Pair of baby boy booties and then i would write something cute on the card like ..I love Pink ! too bad we gotta do the nursery in blue

karma.jpg Karma image by Wozny_01

lvnmylif
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I love the balloon idea.  I would probably get a onesie that said.  Daddy's little girl or daddies little line backer and put it on a doll.  Ok in reality I so could not keep that secret and I would probably tell him the first time he called me. 

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I love the colored camofolge outfits. Maybe include a correct onzie. 

How about some things-- like paper cups, plates, and napkins and maybe a cake mix or some cookies.. With the ribbons, ballons, and cigars he could almost have a party to celebrate it with his buddies...

Freakbabydoll
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:24 PM

cuteeeee idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)