Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smoking with 4 small children in the car UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM
  • 51 Replies

I think this is child abuse! I was leaving the house to run an errand and my neighbor is in her car with her 4 youngest kids (she has 7). The window is cracked 1 inch and she is puffing away at her cigarette. Her kids are about 1 yr apart: 1, 2, 4, 5 something like that. Isn't that child abuse? Poor babies!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tazz2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:49 PM

do i agree? no.  is it my business? no and it's not abuse

savannahnhi
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Some people are just idiot.

GDIMOM
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Quoting Tazz2:

Its not my business but those kids have no choice to have their lungs destroyed. SAD!

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I dont like to see it either, but as long as they are doing it to their own children...and not mine...nothing I can do about it. 

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM

It is very much sad.  Especially in that small of a space...and not much ventilation.

Quoting GDIMOM:

Quoting Tazz2:

Its not my business but those kids have no choice to have their lungs destroyed. SAD!

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:53 PM

That's illegal here now :)

catk78
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I think that is abuse. If she is intentionally ruining the health of those kids through her direct actions(knowing what cigarette smoke does), it is abuse. Dumbass biaaaatch!!!!!

sarahcastillo
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM

It is sad to see that happening! but it has been going on since way back when.....it has not been until recently that people see it as being a "horrible" thing. Hmmmmm....... 7 kids? maybe that is why she was smoking!! LOL  just a thought. Are you a close enough neighbor that you could possibly tell her the effects that the smoke has on her childrens health? if not then then place a annoynomous phone call to a tobacco quit line and give them her address!!!!

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM

It's not very considerate, that's for sure

ArmyWife0927
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Would I do it....No (i don't smoke). Is it illegal....sadly no! I just posted this in another group. This happened today.

So, me and my dad were in town today and a lady pulled up at the stop light beside us. She looked MAYBE 25. The first thing I noticed was she looked to be 7-8 months pregnant.She looks over at me and she is smoking! OMG I couldn't believe it! But that is not the WORST part. I see a head bobbing in the back. So I kinda turned around without making it obvious. There was a little girl in the back. Had to be 4 or 5 sucking a binky, sitting on the floor! She was in the floor faced towards the back of the seat playing with her dolls. Can you believe it? Cause I couldn't! There was no carseat in that car at all! I was so shocked a mother could be so careless! She was endangering both off her babies! :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)