Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Cow! I HATE this waiting! *update*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

My son has been going to the GI for tummy aches and diarreah.  I'm still waiting for the test results for cystic fibrosis.  I don't think that's what he has though so next we will move on to celiac, then more possibilities.  Well, I received some statements today.  I'm in shock!  The stool samples his pedi ordered (which is GI just laughed at and said there's no way that's the problem) was $577!  The 30 minute appointment with the GI was $500!  Then the blood test to check for CF was $68.  I just got the other stool sample for CF to the lab on Monday so that bill isn't here yet.  I'm going to call tomorrow to see if they have the results but yeah, over $1,000 in medical bills and NO answers!  Thankfully we have healthy families and my total comes to $5.  I am SO relieved!

Now I'm waiting for his doctor to call me back with the results and where we go from here!  The darn phone call will probably cost my insurance company hundreds of dollars from the looks of things, wow!

*update* The results are in!  They called me back and the test for CF is negative!  No celiac either!  Liver seems to be functioning fine as well as kidneys.  Horray!  Still no answers though :(  Have to schedule another appointment with the GI after the results of the stool sample are in.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Still waiting :(

raegansmom
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM

im sorryI hope everything ends up well & you have answers soon!!!

scmommyoffour
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Good luck Mama!  I hope everything is okay.

TheLastLetter
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I hope everything works out for the best for you and ur little one.

Here is a BUMP and hugs

Keep us posted

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I will!  I really hope he calls back today.  I do appreciate that he said he would call instead of making me drive all of the way there for a follow up appointment since we are so far away!  It's an hour and 15 minute drive each way!

Quoting TheLastLetter:

Here is a BUMP and hugs

Keep us posted

TheLastLetter
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Thanks I will be praying for you guys.  I think that is really good that he is going to call instead of making u drive.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I will!  I really hope he calls back today.  I do appreciate that he said he would call instead of making me drive all of the way there for a follow up appointment since we are so far away!  It's an hour and 15 minute drive each way!

Quoting TheLastLetter:

Here is a BUMP and hugs

Keep us posted

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM

bump for update

All4you
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM

It's sad how expensive tests are isn't it? My son had to be tested for rotovirus once, we took a dirty diaper into the lab at the hospital and they sent us a bill for over $600 to test his poo!!! It is good to hear that the results are negative though although I know you want answers!

mommareed
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Think it could be allergies?  My son hadtummy aches, diarrhea, bloody-mucusy stools.  Yurns out he is allergic to dairy.  Goodluck on figuring out what is wrong with your little one!

°o☆Proud Mom of 3 kids under3☆o     

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I do believe the next things he is going to test for are an infection that is presenting itself in just this way and an allergy.  Hopefully that's all it is!

Quoting mommareed:

Think it could be allergies?  My son hadtummy aches, diarrhea, bloody-mucusy stools.  Yurns out he is allergic to dairy.  Goodluck on figuring out what is wrong with your little one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)