Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with little boys...My little guy has a problem! Update on page 3 UPDATE AGAIN!!!! In orange....

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM
  • 55 Replies

I just noticed that my 2 year old son's little penis is SWOLLEN and VERY red! He seems absolutely fine and very comfortable....He has been in a great mood running around here all day.....Is this normal? It looks soooo uncomfortable!

BTW...He is circumcised.

Okay.....I took Wyatt in and it looks like he has a yeast infection and possibly an infection of the urethra....Ugh....Apparently, he is allergic to the baby powder that I put on him the other day. The swelling is down a bit, but he is having some pain when urinating..:o( I feel soooo bad for my little guy! The pediatrician prescribed an antibiotic and an ointment....The tricky part is trying to avoid a worse yeast infection as a result of taking the antibiotic. Thank you all for giving me advice and your own stories!!! 

I have to apologize for not getting to you guys sooner with an update...I have been running wild all day with kids, dr., and school.:o)

I am a vaccinating, spanking, out-spoken, full time nursing school going,  young, fitness loving mother of three beautiful hyper kids...I am a very lucky and blessed wife to Joshua.....My family IS my world..

family in the van                                                        

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamivon2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I have a boy he is 7. I would say as long as he is not saying anything he is prob fine. How long has it been since he is circ.

2kidsandamom08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I think it is normal. I have a 2 year old and his was the same way but he did not cry or act like he was uncomfortable.

luv-u-jmm
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:55 PM

He was circ. at birth..I have NEVER had any problems. Just kind of curious about why it would be this way.

Quoting mamivon2:

I have a boy he is 7. I would say as long as he is not saying anything he is prob fine. How long has it been since he is circ.

I am a vaccinating, spanking, out-spoken, full time nursing school going,  young, fitness loving mother of three beautiful hyper kids...I am a very lucky and blessed wife to Joshua.....My family IS my world..

family in the van                                                        

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:56 PM

He could have a penile infection.  My son's penis was very swollen and red one time and that's what it was.  No fever or anything with it either.

luv-u-jmm
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Is he still in diapers? Wyatt is...I am going to start potty training when I am out of school for Christmas break. I was wondering if all of his running (and I mean RUNNING!) around has caused the diaper to rub? Hmmm....He has literally bounced off of the walls today!

Quoting 2kidsandamom08:

I think it is normal. I have a 2 year old and his was the same way but he did not cry or act like he was uncomfortable.

family in the van                                                        

sallymoon
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:57 PM

What part of his penis is swollen, the glans, the shaft, the remaining foreskin?

luv-u-jmm
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Ahhh crap! Was he given antibiotics? How did they figure it out? What is it caused from? Is it in the urethra?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

He could have a penile infection.  My son's penis was very swollen and red one time and that's what it was.  No fever or anything with it either.

family in the van                                                        

luv-u-jmm
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM

All except for the testes....

Quoting sallymoon:

What part of his penis is swollen, the glans, the shaft, the remaining foreskin?

family in the van                                                        

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Yes, they gave him antibiotics.  Boys get them sometimes just like girls do.  Not a huge deal.  That was about a year ago and he hasn't had a problem since :)

Quoting luv-u-jmm:

Ahhh crap! Was he given antibiotics? How did they figure it out? What is it caused from? Is it in the urethra?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Squeeze it a little and see if puss comes out. My son had a swollen penis (26 mos old at the time) The doc squeezed out a bunch of puss (he never cried) and gave him an antibiotic. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)