Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous...Please help ease my anxiety!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

So my mind has been like a ping pong tournament these past few months.  I decided to get my 2 1/2 yr old son vaccinated for the H1N1.  I am soooo nervous...my stomach is in knots right now.  I really want to do it but then I am nervous of what could happen.  But then if I don't do it I don't want to regret it and have somehting bad happen to my child.  There was a young girl in my state who died from the swine flu and was healthy.  So please if anyone's children got vaccinated already please tell me they are fine! (which I hope they are)

Also sorry i wanted to reply and say thank you...but CafeMom hasnt liked me lately and is telling me I am not permitted to do so.  It wont let me reply to anyone else's posts either..I tried to contact CafeMom about this and cant seem to figure it out.  So I do appreciate it.  My heart goes out to anyone who has lost someone from the H1N1..you are in my prayers

youravon.com/ahenault

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gobimom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I haven't been able to get my kids vaccinated yet because it is not available in our area.  Both of my older children had the flu a few weeks ago.  I am a nurse and had my vaccine and had no side effects.  A woman I work with recently lost her son from complications of H1N1  ~ he was in his late teens. 

Ange0807
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Ok now its letting me..just cant quote! I am so sorry to hear that about ur friends child! ..Yea we just got the vaccine here in RI for the toddlers.  I guess I just read that many moms on here wont do it so it got me nervous!

monkeymomkristi
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM

My boys (ages 5 and 8) got theirs two nights ago and so far they are fine.  Not even any nausea or fever which can be normal side effects from any vaccination.

copperswifey
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Our death toll keeps rising here from the H1N1. It was 5 not too long ago and now it's up to 20 or something like that. We had one death in our County. Our two y/o got the nasal spray vaccination about 3 weeks ago and she is just fine. She didn't have one reaction to it   =)

gobimom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Quoting Ange0807:

Ok now its letting me..just cant quote! I am so sorry to hear that about ur friends child! ..Yea we just got the vaccine here in RI for the toddlers.  I guess I just read that many moms on here wont do it so it got me nervous!

Well I think you need to discuss it with your children's pedi not a bunch of woman on an internet site and then make an informed decision based on accurate infomation and what is best for your family.   Every decision you make about your children's health has risks you just need to decide what risks you are willing to take.  Good luck.

mamtweety
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:30 PM

My 9 year old got the mist 2 weeks ago and he is fine.  He didn't have any negative reaction to it. 

Ange0807
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Thank you ladies! It is  better to hear this than bashing about it...every post about this seems there are more moms against it..I know his pedi is all for it..there was a long list of patients she has getting it!

MixedCooke
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Yeah my daughter will be 2 this weekend and I will be talking to her Pediatrician on Tuesday about his recommendation.  He is very straightforward about things with us.

amylou_2007
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:26 AM

Thank you for posting this you have helped me out a lot i was worried just like u. Both my kiddos just got their regular flu shot on this past wed and my son has been extra cranky and my daughter a little cranky but its normal for my daughter my ds is only a little over 7 months. I have talked to my kids pedi and they said they recomend it and they want me to make sure that I get mine too b/c im bf my son. I worried about it too. i just want the best for my kiddos just like any other parent does. Ive been the same way as u are so i know how u feel. thanx again for posting this. It seems like whenever i try to ask for help or advice i dont get any replies or even visits from moms trying to see if they can help or not. Good luck and i hope everything works out for u and ur family. I'm hoping to be able to get my kiddos in next wk :)

my little Chunky Monkey Connor on Halloween :) hes just about 7 months in this pic :) This is my beautifull baby girl Ali shes just about 3 from this Halloween. shes our little princess. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)