Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shooter may get death row.

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

Why did 'we' stop the shooter at Fort Hood from killing himself...only to put him through a long trial with the 'hope' that he will get a death sentence?

Does this make sense to anyone?

I don't condone suicide...but it seems rather pointless to stop him from killing himself only to kill him later for what he did.

(or did he not attempt to kill himself...darn...maybe I am thinking of the wrong situation here)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamjackie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM

He did not try killing himself. He was shot by the cops so he would stop killing people.

katiegirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:22 PM

He didn't try to kill himself. Not sure where you got that from.  

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:22 PM

first - doctors, be they military or civilan must treat no matter the patient unless there is a DNR or similiar order.

second - i don't think he was trying to kill himself just everyone else.

momof2146
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM

He was shot 4 times and unfortunately it didn't kill him like he did to 13 other people. 

nillamilkshake
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:24 PM

i would of stopped him from killing himself too..because thats him gettin off easy instead of actually being punished and his life taken away for taking otheres lives..he deserves to have to feel bad and guilty for what he did before he dies..he should have time to think about it so he knows hes a horrible person for what he did. but thats me.

ProudSingleMum
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:25 PM

maybe I confused it with something else, or assumed that in the end he would have tried to off himself like a lot of people do.

Regardless, people get all nasty if you delete a post...so I'll just leave this one up :P

Quoting katiegirl:

He didn't try to kill himself. Not sure where you got that from.  

Deb194
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:25 PM

He needs to be put to death.

One very sick person.

spcjones203
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Good. I hope he fucking rots until it happens.

As for not letting him commit suicide, there's no closure in that for the families. Letting him die in a manner of his choosing, at a time he desires, is letting him have too much control over the situation. Having that control taken away and given to the courts will give more closure to the families, knowing that justice is served.

MzSeXyC
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM

he needs to be put to death and quick too. 

ArmyWife4Life08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM

IMO suicide would have been the easy out for him, and I think he deserves to be on trial and to suffer for the things that he has done.

He's scum to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)