Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strange dream... what do you think it means??

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

I lost my fiancee, Wayne to a heart attack December 26, 2008. Since his death, I have had several dreams about him and he tells me the same thing in every dream. He says "It's ok Baby, I'm alright." I hadn't had a dream about him since his birthday on June 7 until just a few nights ago. It was really strange. In my dream, I am standing outside a hospital room looking in and I see Wayne's ex-wife sitting in there. I don't know how but I know Wayne is alive but he is having heart surgery and I know that he has left me and gone back to his ex, which I will add would have never happened in reality. Someone comes up to me and tells me that the ex is terrified that I have come to convince Wayne to leave her and come back to me so I go in and tell her that Wayne made his choice to leave and I'm not there to get him to come back to me but he does owe me an explanation. I tell her that I don't expect a face to face meeting but that when he gets better she needs to make sure that he calls me. She tells me that she will have him call when he gets better and that is all I remember. A friend told me that Wayne was trying to tell me to let go and find someone new and my sister thinks that it's because it's getting closer to the anniversary of his death. If anyone has experienced anything like this before, I'd appreciate some input on what you think this dream means. Any opinions are welcome.

You wrote this post on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM Edit Post Delete Post & Replies

Replies:

There are no replies to this post.

Be the first to reply to this post.

Reply to Post Quote

Around CafeMom

Advertisement
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Arlyah
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I don't read dreams, but....this is what it *could* mean.I'm absolutely guessing here.

Perhaps he is trying to tell you that he is healed now (whole, you know?) and the part about him going back with her could be him moving forward with his "life" and asking you to do the same, so you can be at peace and be happy.

Quoting Renee0911:

I see Wayne's ex-wife sitting in there. I don't know how but I know Wayne is alive but he is having heart surgery and I know that he has left me and gone back to his ex, which I will add would have never happened in reality. Someone comes up to me and tells me that the ex is terrified that I have come to convince Wayne to leave her and come back to me so I go in and tell her that Wayne made his choice to leave and I'm not there to get him to come back to me but he does owe me an explanation. I tell her that I don't expect a face to face meeting but that when he gets better she needs to make sure that he calls me. She tells me that she will have him call when he gets better and that is all I remember. A friend told me that Wayne was trying to tell me to let go and find someone new and my sister thinks that it's because it's getting closer to the anniversary of his death. If anyone has experienced anything like this before, I'd appreciate some input on what you think this dream means. Any opinions are welcome.

newmommyas1107
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM

have you meet someone new in your life or like someone???? If you have or do than maybe he is telling you to move on. he wants you to be happy.

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM

My mom has dreams where her best friend, who died in 2004, checks in on her.  My mom said her friend comforts her and tells her to stop crying about her, she'll see each other again.

Freaky thing is one of the first dreams mom had about her friend she asked her how Heaven was.  Donna (her friend) sighed and said "it's wonderful but I wish I could help Lori (her daughter)."  The next day my mom called Lori and she told her she had separated from her husband.

Your honey wants you to be happy, he'll always be with you in your heart and you'll see him again someday.  *hugs*

LydLyd
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I think he might want to tell you that he moved on and he wants you to not worry about him anymore and be happy. I lost my husband more than three years ago to a heart attack. He was only 37 years old! It was so hard for me to get out of bed every morning. I felt like part of my life went with him as well. I remember the first time I dreamt of my dh was in Massachusetts, the night after we burried him. In my dream dh looked tired just like the way he looked after a long day of work. But his complexion was fresh and his cheeks were the color of a pink rose.

He sat beside me and held my hand. Once in a while he would let out a soft sigh. I asked how he was doing. He lifted up his shoulder then he said, “Tired, I guess. But don’t worry. I’m here now, finally. I don’t know why it took me so long to get there.” He sounded irritated because he had been impatient to get out of the unknown darkness. “I don’t remember how long I had to wait, but I felt like I could not move anywhere. Where ever I turned was darkness, and the only way I knew where to go was from the billions of beautiful, tiny stars guiding me. I wish you were there with me to see it.” That's my dh's personality. He had always wanted to show us anything that he liked and bring us there so we could enjoy it with him, too. When he found food he liked he would always bring some home for us so we could eat it with him. He loved to share anything he loved with us. “It felt funny how I felt I could not go any where. I saw someone coming out of no where from below and it passed me so fast like a shooting star. Her eyes glowed and were happy. Then, I realized. Why am I here? Why stop me here? Then, I saw a few more people passing me by. I wanted to go but I could not move. I had to wait. Finally, I moved and I left the place. What an experience!" He chuckled and I could see that twinkle in his eyes . He looked so happy. "Don’t worry about me. I am ok, now.” He said with a big grin on his face.

The second dream I had was a bit strange because when I met him he had a list in his hand. Some of them had been checked with a pencil. When I leaned over to check what was written I saw my first boyfriend's name on that list. He said to me, "I know this is going to be hard on me but I am ok with that." When I woke up I kept wondering what did it mean? A few months later I met my bf again. 

I know it's hard. I've been there. I still miss him, sometimes. In fact, I felt a few tear drop on my cheek when I wrote this. He was a great man. I am sure yours were, too. Trust me, it's your turn to be happy now :)...

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM

It sounds to me like you might be angry about him dying (which is completely natural..it's not fair when someone dies unexpectedly). You might have felt that he left you, and in your dream, you substitute death for another woman.

Renee0911
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I was angry for a little while. Not about him dying really, but for not taking care of himself. The doctor tried to tell him how the second heart attack had significantly weakened his heart and that he was in much worse shape than he had been after the first one, but he felt so much better that he didn't listen and went on about his business as if nothing had happened to him. I was worried sick but tried not to say too much. It wouldn't have done any good for me to nag him about taking it easy cause he would have just said "I'm fine Baby, quit worrying so much." In a way, I do feel as though he abandoned me but I also know that he would never have done that intentionally.

nemiller
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:07 PM

the only person close to me who i've lost is my mother.  a few weeks after she passed, i had a dream that i missed a phone call from her and she left a message, asking me to call her back.  it was so real that i woke up and it hurt SO BAD.  i haven't dreamed about her since.

i think maybe in your dreams, it might just be your subconscious realizing that it's okay to let go.  not that you'll ever forget him, but that you can go on with life.

Renee0911
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I know he has checked in on me a few times also. A month or so after he died, I was walking into the living room and caught a whiff of his cologne. I was the only one home at the time and his cologne bottle was in my bedroom and hadn't been sprayed. This has happened a few times since his death in different rooms of the house and always when I'm home alone.

Quoting KT9105:

My mom has dreams where her best friend, who died in 2004, checks in on her.  My mom said her friend comforts her and tells her to stop crying about her, she'll see each other again.

Freaky thing is one of the first dreams mom had about her friend she asked her how Heaven was.  Donna (her friend) sighed and said "it's wonderful but I wish I could help Lori (her daughter)."  The next day my mom called Lori and she told her she had separated from her husband.

Your honey wants you to be happy, he'll always be with you in your heart and you'll see him again someday.  *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)