Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

boys with nail polish?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:48 PM
  • 37 Replies

My SIL paints her two ds's fingernails. Infact she is doing it right now.  This started out because she was a single mother for a while and her oldest would ask her for nail polish. She puts blue and green on them.  My question is, would you paint your ds fingernails.  Please do not bash, I am just wondering. My FIL thinks that she should not do this because they are boys. BTW they are 4 and 2.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heavenlyangl420
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:49 PM

bump 

tankgirl84
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Blue and green and they're boys who are only 2 and 4 i don't see a problem? Besides don't all the rock stars do that now anyway? LOL she's just training them for a career as rock stars! lol! do they have mohawks that would rock some little doc martins ROFLMBO!!!!! That would be like me telling my 4 year old  DD no to play with soldiers or something?

savannahnhi
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:53 PM

I have only a daughter.  but if i had a son: no way.

cmb121906
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I did it to my son once. If he sees my doing dd's nails and ask, I'll do it. Whats the big deal...nothing hahaha

mamadrama07
TheLastLetter

No I wouldn't but thats me. Shoot my DH wont even let me buy my son pink etc so I know thats a no no

rjpetty605

I agree with your FIL. They are boys and shouldn't use nail polish. All your SIL has to say is 'this is nail polish and its only for girls' 

Jeanne orange ribbon

americanpeso
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM

My  older son is 2 and I paint his toenails when he wants me to. I can't paint his fingernails cuz his daddy would freak, plus I only have pinks and reds. But I think its fine. My boys even have dolls they like to play with.

ootalia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:57 PM

My son freaks out when he see my nails. He HAS to have his toes painted!! He gets very very very excited when he sees nail polish. Hes two and I think its cute. What the big deal?

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:57 PM

never ever, way too girly.  but i did used to paint my baby brother's nails when he was about 2 and i was 10ish. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)