Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can someone go this? *sorta long*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

Good evening ladies. I have been doing a lot of thinking lately since my SO and I broke up after 7 years. Our son just turned 4 last on Monday.  So we have been broke up for 2 weeks now and he has not once called to talk to our DS. I called him on Austin's birthday so that he could wish him a happy birthday. The thing I don't understand is how you can be in my little boy's life for 4 years and then all of the sudden stop calling stop seeing him stop being a father basically??? If the tables were turned I could not fathom not talking to my son for 2 weeks.  I would not let the feelings I have for my ex interfere with my relationship with my son. I would be calling every day finding out how he is.  If he would call to talk to Austin I would answer the phone hand it to Austin and he could hang up without another word to me. I am now the one stuck answering questions my 4 year old has as to why daddy hasn't called him just like I was stuck answering questions when SO would just get mad and leave and Austin would ask where his daddy was going.  Should it be my responsibility to call ex so he can talk to DS or should I wait till he calls??? When he did talk to DS on his b-day he was crabby at him anyway. I don't want to inconvenience him with his son. I would rather have him not in his life if he can throw 4 years of him out the door like that.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MawMawKelton
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:17 AM

bump

Hayliesmom
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM

AWWW, I'm so sorry you're going through this.  It must be so hard on your little boy.  Since he's a little bit older, if he says he wants to talk to his daddy, I'd call him.  Ultimately it should be the responsibility of your ex though.  My daughter's father hasn't seen her since she was 3 months.  I used to arrange visitations for him to see her and all that, and then I got fed up with it (he made it very stressful) so I told him if he wanted to see her, he could come see her, just give me advanced notice.  3 years later, he's never bothered to try.  I don't see how men (and some women) can just walk away so easily!  Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away.  I hope he realizes what he's doing to ur son soon and starts being a daddy again.

futureshock
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:27 AM

It's his biological child, right?  Were they close before you two broke up?  I'm so sorry for your son.

Rachell9503
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM

I really don't know what to tell you hun. It's a tough sitch. It's going to be hard on your son no matter what. Either his father doesn't talk to him hardly at all and he might wonder what he did wrong, or you make your ex talk to your son and he's crabby at him like you said and still your son may wonder what he did to make daddy mad at him. Maybe talk to your ex and tell him you don't want your son to think that HE did anything wrong and if your ex can be more helpful. I don't know, I really don't know. But bump so you can get some helpful replies. 

Pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)