Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were getting married ,would this hurt your feelings?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my bestfriend is getting married. I can't go money is really tight and it's a 5 hour trip with my kids I don't have money to spare it's just bad timing for me I had planned I was going to go and I CAN'T I already feel like crap for not being able to go. Anyways my friend said she understands don't worry about it it's ok. Ok well my mom was invited to the wedding too. This is my bestfriend and she's been around my family for more than 11 yrs. Well my dryer has been out for 3 months and my dad owns a washer/dryer business. He's going to come from out of town to bring me another dryer this weekend (on my friend's wedding day) my mom offered to come and split the gas with my dad (they're divorced) and my dad said ok. Now I feel bad for my friend because my mom won't be there either. I just feel horrible. What now should I apologize to my friend? What the hell should I do to make it up to her? Would it be a big deal if my mom missed out too?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
allyson2212
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM

It might cross her mind once on her wedding day that you AND your parents arent going to be there, but this is going to be one of the most important days of her life, and she is going to have a lot more on her mind than who all is going to show up. You can make it up to her later, take her and new hubby on a congrats date, or take her out for a girls night. Shes your best friend, they are called that for a reason.  

ErikaM27
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Quoting allyson2212:

It might cross her mind once on her wedding day that you AND your parents arent going to be there, but this is going to be one of the most important days of her life, and she is going to have a lot more on her mind than who all is going to show up. You can make it up to her later, take her and new hubby on a congrats date, or take her out for a girls night. Shes your best friend, they are called that for a reason.  

You're right I already feel terrible as it is but I can't go and then not have enough money groceries and gas. I just can't I tried selling things online but I just didn't in time for the wedding. I was going to make it up to her when I finally do end up having extra cash and I'll just take them both out to dinner..

allyson2212
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting allyson2212:

You're right I already feel terrible as it is but I can't go and then not have enough money groceries and gas. I just can't I tried selling things online but I just didn't in time for the wedding. I was going to make it up to her when I finally do end up having extra cash and I'll just take them both out to dinner..

Things happen, it will be okay! She sounds like she already understands, and I have a feeling that you will be more upset that your not there than she will be. Shes going to have the wedding night on her mind!!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Just get together with her after the wedding, I'm sure she will love to share the wedding dvd and photos with you. If you can't make it and she understands there is nothing else you can do other than get her a nice gift and a card and wish her the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)