Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio driving test

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

I know this sounds corny but I lost my license in April due to unpaid speeding tickets. They expired in May and I just got them reinstated this month. Since it's been 6 months I have to retest. Obviously I know how to drive it's the maneuverability that I'd freaked out about. I have never done it before. I took my first test in Florida where they don't do that.

Anyway I am taking the test Saturday and was wondering for those who took the test if they can give me pointers in what I'm supposed to do. There is nowhere here to practice either. I feel like a total dummy. Thanks.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blindfoldedlady
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM

There's states that don't give driving tests?! This is news to me! The driving test is easy. The hardest part for me was parallel parking (which we have to do in our driving test). I sucked at it, and still do to this day. You'll be fine, it's not hard. :) Just make sure you obey the speed limit......lol.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

soon2bemomof307
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Quoting blindfoldedlady:

There's states that don't give driving tests?! This is news to me! The driving test is easy. The hardest part for me was parallel parking (which we have to do in our driving test). I sucked at it, and still do to this day. You'll be fine, it's not hard. :) Just make sure you obey the speed limit......lol.

No, not the manuverbility part where you drive between cones.

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/driver_license/maneuverability_test.htm

blindfoldedlady
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Quoting soon2bemomof307:

Quoting blindfoldedlady:

No, not the manuverbility part where you drive between cones.

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/driver_license/maneuverability_test.htm

Oh. Well, we don't have those kind of tests here, lol. You go to the license branch and an instructor gets in the car with you and you drive around for maybe 15-20 minutes. You pass or fail based on that. I guess I never realized it was so different in different states. Learn something new everyday, I guess.

Wait, I lied. To get your driver's license, you do the above. To get your motorcycle's license (which I also have), you have to do a test with cones and stopping and starting and all that other crap.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

alicia2237
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:27 PM

When I got mine switched over from a California license to an Ohio one I didn't have to take the driving part again, just the written. But then I am from Ohio and my original license is from Ohio. Maybe you won't have to either. Good luck either way.

soon2bemomof307
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:43 PM

bump, anyone?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)