Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No drama ?, but I'm having my sisters, husbands, best friends dog walkers baby if it gets you to open this!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 16 Replies

I'm having a Christmas party and I need ideas on what to serve. Either a meal big, and easy enough to serve about 15 people, or ordeoveries, (how do you spell that lol?!). Thanks ladies!!! ANy ideas would help a lot!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Annemarie01
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM

we always had a Ham around the holidays. if we were just having friends over we would make a lasagna. beef stew is also good to make you can have it simmer on the stove or in the crock pot. hope this helps

grantsmommy23
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM

15 people is a good amount of people.  I would just do appetizers/finger foods.  You can make meatballs, dips, potato skins, cheese and crackers, veggie tray, fruit tray, etc....

TygerLily62
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Thanks! I was thinking about lasagna too!

Quoting Annemarie01:

we always had a Ham around the holidays. if we were just having friends over we would make a lasagna. beef stew is also good to make you can have it simmer on the stove or in the crock pot. hope this helps

Schleetle
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I think its spelled something like hors derves, or some odd spelling because its French... Anyway I would do a pot luck... Have everyone bring something, and you just do a few things since you are hosting? Are you looking for recipes, or just ideas?  I love to make irish cream chocolate cheesecake its so good, and creme de menthe chips in home made chocolate cookies are Christmas-y. If you plan on cooking on your own I'd do a bunch of smaller plates, and deserts because it seems easier.

Pregnancy Ticker

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I'm sorry but your title made me laugh so hard!  I would check in the crock pot group.  They always have yummy, easy recipes to share.

I know that my family has recently discovered that instead of making a green salad we make virtually a salad bar where you can just choose what you want.  It works REALLY well because the kids who don't really like the salad just choose their favorite veggies and we include those obscure veggies that kids don't really like so the adults rarely get to eat thme.  It is everybody's favorite thing!

mamak57
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:19 PM

if no one minds pork those little sausages slow cooked with brown sugar and your favorite jelly are good served with toothpicks to snag them. also the prepared meat balls in sream of mushroom soup 

sweeping    Everyone needs a hobby. I think I will go and help clean an historic cemetery! 

TygerLily62
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Both of those deserts sound so good!!! We were talking about pot luck, but we weren't sure if it was ok to invite people to an event and then ask them to bring food if we hadn't put it on the invites?  I'm looking for any advice anyone has to offer! I really need ideas!!! Thanks so much!

Quoting Schleetle:

I think its spelled something like Hors derves or some odd spelling because its French... Anyway I would do a pot luck... Have everyone bring something, and you just do a few things since you are hosting? Are you looking for recipes, or just ideas?  I love to make irish cream chocolate cheesecake its so good, and creme de menthe chips in home made chocolate cookies are Christmas-y. If you plan on cooking on your own I'd do a bunch of smaller plates, and deserts because it seems easier.

EmmasMom0305
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Bacon Bites

8 oz can whole water chesnuts

1 lb bacon cut into thirds

1/2 cup ketchup

1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix Ketchup and brown sugar, set aside. Wrap bacon around water chestnuts and secure with toothpick. Place on foil lined pan and cover with ketchup & b.s. mixture.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until bacon is done.

My aunt makes these, and they are the best things ever. She also does it with the little sausage links. I think they are called little Smokey's? I know its not the Vienna sausages. Anyways, I am almost positive the recipe is the same.

TygerLily62
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Oh that's a good idea! And then it's not too heavy, and not a ton of starch and meat!  And everyone will figure out something they like from that!

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I'm sorry but your title made me laugh so hard!  I would check in the crock pot group.  They always have yummy, easy recipes to share.

I know that my family has recently discovered that instead of making a green salad we make virtually a salad bar where you can just choose what you want.  It works REALLY well because the kids who don't really like the salad just choose their favorite veggies and we include those obscure veggies that kids don't really like so the adults rarely get to eat thme.  It is everybody's favorite thing!

TygerLily62
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Oh those sound really good! Thank you!

Quoting EmmasMom0305:

Bacon Bites

8 oz can whole water chesnuts

1 lb bacon cut into thirds

1/2 cup ketchup

1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix Ketchup and brown sugar, set aside. Wrap bacon around water chestnuts and secure with toothpick. Place on foil lined pan and cover with ketchup & b.s. mixture.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until bacon is done.

My aunt makes these, and they are the best things ever. She also does it with the little sausage links. I think they are called little Smokey's? I know its not the Vienna sausages. Anyways, I am almost positive the recipe is the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)