Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF?? My friend has swine flu, so she comes over?! *Update in pink*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

OMFG!! My friend, her hubby, and their daughter came over today. At first, I was happy to see them becuase we hadn't seen them for awhile and my oldest loves to play with their daughter.  Well, they are here for a while and then she blurts out that she gave her mom's bf swine flu and he is in the hospital and he almost died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you freaking serious?? And she is at my house WHYYY??? I have a freaking 2 year old....not to mention a baby.  That could kill my girls.  As if that wasn't freaking bad enough...she proceeds to tell my hubby about how her hubby got puked on LAST NIGHT!!! by their daughter.  If your kid puked just last night would you freaking have her out and about, especially when you yourself are getting over swine flu? Would you go over to your friends house that has 2 small children including a freaking 7 month old baby?!?!?!?!?!  Then, she tells me that she thinks her daugher has it too...and that they might have to put her in the hospital.  WTF?!   Thats some really awesome parenting right there. Morons. To make matters worse (this is OT, but its so annoying to my dh and me) her hubby REFUSES to get a job.  I mean, he's not having a hard time finding something he just refuses to get off his ass and fill out some applications.  He told my dh that he went and bought  (their only significant income is from my friends disability benefits) a freaking video game and he sat there for 7 hours and played it so that he could beat it.  He has no interest in taking care of his family as a husband should.  She has a crappy part time job....their rent is more than ours...and WE are having a hard time making it and my hubby works and makes good money.  **GROWL**....but anyways back on topic.  WTH is wrong with her? My dh and I immediately told them they needed to leave.  we used the excuse that we had to go to the store and pushed them out the door.  When they left we sanitized EVERYTHING that she and her daughter touched....if my girls get swine flu because of them I AM going to sue them.  That is rediculous. It's one thing to take ur kid somewhere you ABSOLUTELY have to go when they are sick...like say the doctor or pharmacy...but just to take them out for the hell of it?? Especially with freaking swine flu....are they trying to take out the whole freaking town?? I just don't get it.  My oldest is just getting over the stomach flu...so she is probably more likely to get it since her immune system is already down.  I swear to God, I will sue her.  I cannot believe what an idiot she is.  What do you ladies think? Am I over-reacting? I really don't feel like I am...I am protecting my kids.

Well, my 7 month old woke up this morning with a hacking cough, low grade fever, and I think she is having body aches. I gave her some ibuprofen and she seems fine now. She took a little nap and is acting normally.  She's still coughing though.  If she has the flu I am gonna be sooo pissed.

HayliesMomma15final.gif my signature picture by ncam_kandii24

Are you a Stay at home mother?? Join my group! We have a forum for everything! Why join multiple groups, when all you need is in one? Don't see what your looking for? Let me know, and I will make it part of our group! Just click the link...

www.cafemom.com/prd2bsahm

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2_2008
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:36 PM

At least you told them to leave...You didnt notice them feeling bad or anything? If she had the swine flu im sure something would have stood out that didnt seem right about her.
Good luck with suing them if your LO gets sick. Doubt you will get anything.... 

HayliesMomma15
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Quoting mommy2_2008:

At least you told them to leave...You didnt notice them feeling bad or anything? If she had the swine flu im sure something would have stood out that didnt seem right about her.
Good luck with suing them if your LO gets sick. Doubt you will get anything.... 

lol im sure i wouldnt actually sue them....im just sooo mad.  I can tell you for sure that they won't be hearing from me for a while...that crap is just careless.  My friend was really tired the whole time and kept coughing and stuff....She said that her daughter had a fever.

Are you a Stay at home mother?? Join my group! We have a forum for everything! Why join multiple groups, when all you need is in one? Don't see what your looking for? Let me know, and I will make it part of our group! Just click the link...

Aspiemom508
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:41 PM

WOW sound like some of the idiots i have for friends, no I dont think your wrong, but i would not be buddy buddy with her for a while, or maybe ever1

Lori_G4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:42 PM

You know the old saying.... the best way to get rid of a sickness is to give it to someone else.... JK! I'd be royally ticked off too! Some people have no common sense and no regard for others!

Chris & Lori             Valerie-11             Brian-8                  Dalton-6           Maya-Jan 3, '08

I home school because I have seen the village, and I don't want it educating my children!

cssmith
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Wow you have more patience than me.  I would have cussed her out as im shoving her out the door!  Im sorry i hope yall dont get sick!

~*~Mommys Girls~*~  

~Brianna Collette~3-29-05~Kaitlyn Rose~10-27-08~

first-one
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Sadly, I HAD a friend like that too.  Her kids were always sick and they would come to my house with snotty noses and coughs and then my 'friend' would call the next day and say oh this one has a fever today or this one threw up once we got home.  SO totally fucking done with inconsiderate, rude idiots like that.   Would have totally kicked her out and Lysoled everything too!

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:45 PM

I would have sprayed Lysol at her.

Schleetle
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Oh I would be pissed! My SIL is the same way she doesn't think about anyone - shes a freaking airhead. She got me, and everyone else sick at my baby shower. I caught a really bad stomach virus, and the rest of the family got it too because she brought my nephew (her son) to the shower sick. Then just over a month ago (I was like 30 something weeks pregnant) having dinner at our in-laws house... SIL shows up uninvited knowing that I am there pregnant, and she was hacking up a freaking lung! I said "Why the heck did you show up here sick, you already got me sick once while pregnant jeez"... She then made some stupid inappropriate announcement that ruined dinner, and stomped out crying. It was great. lol... Sorry to ramble on. I hope no one in your family gets sick.

Pregnancy Ticker

HayliesMomma15
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Quoting cssmith:

Wow you have more patience than me.  I would have cussed her out as im shoving her out the door!  Im sorry i hope yall dont get sick!

lol we are usually really polite when they show up like that and we are leaving or getting ready to eat dinner.  we will wait for them to leave before we eat...or politely mention that we were just leaving.  we put up with so much from them...they NEVER call before they come over...and they always come when they know we are eating dinner because they don't get FS anymore...so they never have food...and they like think that if they show up when we are eating that will feed them...losers.  Freaking provide for your kids! UGH! Ya know?  Anyway...this time we basically pushed them out the door, we didnt even say bye to them...we just told them to leave as soon as they started talking about swine flu.  I really hope they don't get sick.  It could kill the baby.  Ugh...what stupid people. I will not be talking to them for a long time.

Aidansmom71206
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Omg that sounds like my brother! He does that crap all the time. My dh and I were just talking about it. He will be fine and never come over then when he is sick all of a sudden he comes running to my house just to talk or hang out. It makes me mad but my dh gets really mad about it. The other day he had taken his g/f little boy to the ER and said he thinks he has swine flu. Came over here to my place saying this after he just was at the ER with the baby holding him and everything. Then grabs my son and kisses him before he tells us about it. People are stupid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)