Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never DID wanna do it...................

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM
  • 44 Replies

don't get me wrong....I am a loving mom...but never wanted to bf my kids........It scared the shit out of me when I hear "latch on" and ...........(shivers)..............

what about you?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I was never against it. I tried it with my first, but didn't find it anything I wanted to stick with. It was more of a pain than a bonding experience for me. I'll try it again with my 2nd, but already know I'll be doing BF and formula.  

Kairi is 3!      turkey

TygerLily62
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Before I had my kids I felt really weird about it, and didn't think that I would do it. But after they were born it just felt natural and instinctual.  I just wanted them fed so I was happy that I felt comfortable with doing it the free way!!! Lol

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Same here!  I can't say I WANTED to do it before my son was born but I did it because I knew it was the healthiest and cheapest way!

Quoting TygerLily62:

Before I had my kids I felt really weird about it, and didn't think that I would do it. But after they were born it just felt natural and instinctual.  I just wanted them fed so I was happy that I felt comfortable with doing it the free way!!! Lol

norahsmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Not everyone who can physically bf should.  Its ok.  I exclusively bf all my kids I am creeped out by the idea of formula feeding them and bfing was just a perfect fit for us, but its not for everyone.  You wouldn't want to feel you are forcing yourself to breastfeed. 

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM

We will see how it goes. I want to do it for the health of my baby, but it took me a while to grasp that my breasts(which I always was so fond of), would never look the same or be looked at the same by my DH.

CafeMom Tickers
TygerLily62
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Oh believe me they will! Lol!! If it weren't for the fact that they were so full of milk and I dind't want dh touching them he wouldn't have stopped at all! And after I was done bf he was all over that just like before!

Quoting abstractmommy:

We will see how it goes. I want to do it for the health of my baby, but it took me a while to grasp that my breasts(which I always was so fond of), would never look the same or be looked at the same by my DH.

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Heres the thing...........

I know my diet is not the healthiest and for babies to get nutrition....the best measure for me was.....................formula!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I never had any problems or doubts about breastfeeding my children, but my Lamaze teacher also taught la leche league so she was very knowledgeable and supportive.

Army_Wife41

I tried so hard with DS....but I just couldn't produce enough. He has been on formula since he was a day old (first I was supplementing because I could not produce enough milk...then once I dried up he went exclusively to formula). It kind of makes me sad when I hear women say "how can I get my milk ot dry up, I don't want to BF". I am not syaing anyone is wrong for it, it just makes me sad knowing I can't even BF my son, and I want to so bad.

I guess it is the same feeling you get if you want to get pregnant....then your best friend ends up pregnant before you. You are happy for them...but sad that you can't.

baby

CafeMom Tickers

ColtonKeatonMom

My oldest would NOT take breast milk. Not from breast, not from bottle. My youngest ate more than I could produce....I stopped after 2 weeks and was dried up in 2 days....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)