Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

restraining order question? Update In blue

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok ladies Bare with me please...

well I have a question if someone is harassing u online and U have done EVERY step possible to block them but they just keep showing up under different names.. ETC.. can I get a restraining order agenst that person?

This "thing" was a friend of my Ex's and he is one of the many who raped me during my time with my ex and he saw me at Wal-mart a few weeks ago and now He found me on Facebook and Myspace... Now he will not leave me alone... Ive blocked and reported him a dozen or more times and he is harassing me and threating me... Can I DO anything legally about it??

PLEASE HELP ME!! and If U don't know PLEASE PLEASE bump this...

Thank you!!

Update:

They said they cannot do anything because he has called or Show up... its just the internet .. the officer just told me to keep Ignoring him and Hopefully he will go away but If It gets worse or he calls or whatever to call them and then they could do something. Apparently He has NO crimial past which is shocking coz his a low life POS. But thank you ladies for the help!! Hoepfully if I ignore him long enough he will just give up and go away!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I'm not sure, but you never know.  I'd print everything out and take it to the police though - at minimum it's harrassment.  Idk if they'll do an r/o though.

AmandaNaus
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM

I dont know if anythong can be done. But if I were you I would call the police department and ask them about it...BUMP

Kizbee
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM

You should be able to get a restarining order that includes any type of electronic contact- email, IM, texting, FB messaging, FB pokes, FB comments, Myspace comments and messages would all be covered under "electronic contact."

I really like your glass house!

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Varies by state..........

Print the threats he made to you and file a report with your local police department. 

Aidansmom71206
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I was in an abusive relationship and when I left him he started harassing me online and my mom and also my aunt. We printed out everything he said online and took it to the court house and I got a restraining order on him. Just make sure you print everything out. I don't know if you can for sure but I did and I also had threatening phone calls and there was rape involved ect. But they did take the papers we printed out and put them in the file for the restraining order. Good Luck!

apeclark2008
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Thank you ladies... I will call them after i get everything printed out tomorrow...

apeclark2008
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Bump for the update for those who care

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)