Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cell phone stalker

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

Help. Someone won't stop texting my cell phone.  I've asked politely for them to stop - "sorry.. think you have a wrong number".  I've received texts about how it's nice to make out with me... can't get me off your mind... blah blah blah.  It's a bunch of BS. I've called the number and "she" won't pick up. It goes to her vmail. Left a message letting her know this needs to stop. Sounds like a super young kid having fun.

So... how do I find out who is calling/texting me to scare the shit out of her and make her stop?

it's ridiculous.  

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FeliciaS23
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Yes you can stop it actually.. Get a detailed print out of the text from your cell phone provider. you can call and inform them of the problem and the number and they will mail it to you then u go to the police station and file a report the officer will then contact the girl. if she calls or text again she will go to jail. its a cell phone restraining order and it is stalking its serious. Now if u think its a kid and are worried about bringing charges against her of that sort you can get on line and block her number from being able to call or text you any more.

Jeiao
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM

How long has it been going on?

Usually when you say you'll call the police regarding harassment, people like that tend to stop. I used to have a number that someone from some pharmacy computer program posted as theirs, and I got this guy who wouldn't stop calling me. I told him I knew nothing about his stupid program, and he was like, "Well, this is the number listed!" Too bad, dude. It escalated to him calling me back daily and calling me names and cursing me out...finally my mom took the phone and told him if he didn't knock it off, we were calling the police to report the harassment. He never called again. 

ae831
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:59 PM

someone did that to me in 2006....they would call all the time and say disgusting things..all I told them was that I knew who they were and that people were coming from them....My SO even got on the phone and told them him and his friends we going to find them...never heard back from them. I know who did and let me tell ya...she was scared out of her mind!!!!

RACERBABE02
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:02 PM

You should get in contact with your service provider and let them know the situation, they may ask you to change your number. The best idea is that you ask them if there is a way that they can go in and block the number from ANY kind of contact because this could present a problem that you just do not need to have. good luck and I hope things work out for you. I'm sorry that you have to go through that...it's ridiculous that people find it necessary to do things like tis.

sillygoose125
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Quoting RACERBABE02:

You should get in contact with your service provider and let them know the situation, they may ask you to change your number. The best idea is that you ask them if there is a way that they can go in and block the number from ANY kind of contact because this could present a problem that you just do not need to have. good luck and I hope things work out for you. I'm sorry that you have to go through that...it's ridiculous that people find it necessary to do things like tis.

it truly is. I think she thinks she's funny... acting like an ex-boyfriend, an old best friend, an admirer from afar... seriously, this is stupid.  I'm really irritated.

Tazz2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:06 PM

send her a text that says, "I have asked you politely to stop.  I am now taking my cell phone to the police station.  Feel free to continue texting so they can trace it." LOL

sillygoose125
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Just started yesterday.  12 text messages.  uggh.  So disruptive while I'm at work.  

I'll have BF call her and lay down the law.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Quoting Jeiao:

How long has it been going on?

Usually when you say you'll call the police regarding harassment, people like that tend to stop. I used to have a number that someone from some pharmacy computer program posted as theirs, and I got this guy who wouldn't stop calling me. I told him I knew nothing about his stupid program, and he was like, "Well, this is the number listed!" Too bad, dude. It escalated to him calling me back daily and calling me names and cursing me out...finally my mom took the phone and told him if he didn't knock it off, we were calling the police to report the harassment. He never called again. 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I personally would have my number changed or have the number blocked. 

AdkArmyMom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:11 PM

My daughter had an incident recently and she's lucky that it didn't go any further than it did.  She was at work and a friend of hers came in.  She hadn't seen the girl in awhile and so she gave the girl her cell number.  A guy who frequents the store was there and apparently, he overheard.  She started getting calls and texts from him.  Her boyfriend answered one of this guys calls and set him straight.   The calls stopped.  We told her that she was very lucky, as this could have ended badly.  People have to be very careful about giving information out freely where bystanders can take advantage of that info.

sillygoose125
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I didn't realize you can do this. I just blocked her number.  Thanks for telling me about this option.  BTW, i wouldn't think twice about pressing charges.  And if blocking the number doesn't work, that will certainly be my next step.  

Thanks so much for the info.

Quoting FeliciaS23:

Yes you can stop it actually.. Get a detailed print out of the text from your cell phone provider. you can call and inform them of the problem and the number and they will mail it to you then u go to the police station and file a report the officer will then contact the girl. if she calls or text again she will go to jail. its a cell phone restraining order and it is stalking its serious. Now if u think its a kid and are worried about bringing charges against her of that sort you can get on line and block her number from being able to call or text you any more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)