Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Serious if they do it one more f***ing time....

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:11 PM
  • 17 Replies

I can't be responsible for my actions.

Dh and I just bought a brand new house so the yard is NEW. They laid the yard a week before we moved in. Well my 2 idiot dogs keep diggin HUGE fucking holes in it. I don't know what to do to make them stop. I have only let one dog out at a time....didn't work....I have only let them out a few mins...didn't work. I let them both out tonight for literally 5 mins and go to let them in and both are covered in mud with a huge hole in my yard. I am seriosuly losing my mind with this. Its a nice looking yard and these 2 idiots keep tearing it up.....

Sorry just had to vent.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blindfoldedlady
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Buy shock collars and then watch them when they go out. As soon as they start to dig, SHOCK THE LIFE OUT OF THEM!!! LOL But really, shock collars can work if used responsibly. I hate digging too.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MZK3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:14 PM

OMG! I feel ya! My dog does the same shit! I have no clue what to do!!!! I'm so ready to ship her out!! LOL!

sent4u5041
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Yep have those and done that...still keep digging! I am at my witts end that I even think of just getting rid of them (not that I will would but thats how damn mad they make me)

Quoting blindfoldedlady:

Buy shock collars and then watch them when they go out. As soon as they start to dig, SHOCK THE LIFE OUT OF THEM!!! LOL But really, shock collars can work if used responsibly. I hate digging too.

NessaLovesEmma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM

That is so not cool! My dogs did the same thing. I hope you can find a way to make them stop!

enchantingspa
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM

No idea if this really works but I one time heard my grandmother tell someone to tie an empty milk jug around the neck and to line the sting to be hitting at their front paws.  Supposedly they dont like the legs to be hitting the milk jug.  Like I said never tried this because never had a dog that digged.  Mine scratched in a flower bed a nice clean spot for her self but it was not a real hole so I never bothered with trying it out.

MeganRoggero
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:18 PM

don't let them in the back yard, Take them for long walks and don't rely on your back yard for their excercise needs

ashnevlex

Maybe there's a dead body buried in your yard.  :)

nillamilkshake

take them out individually on leashes and dont let them dig..take their free time away and they have no choice but to go potty and come back in.. 

heavenlyangl420
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Quoting blindfoldedlady:

my friends dog was always getting out and wouldnt answere when you called him it would take up to 4 hours to get him or wait for him to come back. her husband bought one and the 3rd time they shocked they dog he started listening and didnt do it anymore. they work

FeliciaS23
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:24 PM

i have dealt with the problem with big dogs before and afew small ones the shock collers do work i only had to use them for close to two months. but u have to on key with it u have to watch when they go out and shock everytime they start to dig. they learn to assosiate that diging will lead to being shocked and they will not do it. if they are smaller the collers work to but going out with them and following them with a spray bottle of cold water and spraying them will teach them the same. if u dont want to use shock collars i dont know if that would work for big dogs.  now if they are dottsons your pretty much out of luck because they are breed to dig so you cant stop them. My best friends mom breed dogs so i alwayslearned new things from them. hope it help[s

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)