Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh my gosh, I almost burned our aparment down!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

Last night, I about burnt our damn apartment down!!!!  YIKES!!!!  I wanted popcorn and put the oil in the bottom of the pan, I HAD TO pee so bad and seriously, I was gone for but a minute.  When I walked around the corner and saw a HUGE flame coming out the pan, I freaked and grabbed a potholder and put it under cold water in the sink.  Luckily, the fire went out but then came the smoke TONS of smoke, so much it set off our fire alarm and woke up my husband lol. 


by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
1busymomma03
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Wow, that's scary. I'm glad you are ok!!!  I didn't think you were supposed to put out grease fires with water... So glad it worked though.

lilasmommy418
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I'm glad that the fire went out for you, but for future reference, you don't want to put water on an oil fire.....throw a damp towel over it, baking soda or table salt on it. 

sweetpea1269
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Ya, I thought it made them "flash" ...  glad ur ok

 

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Wow, that's scary. I'm glad you are ok!!!  I didn't think you were supposed to put out grease fires with water... So glad it worked though.

 

nillamilkshake
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM

next time that happens dont use water.. it could of made it soooo much worse..cover it nexy time and it will go out..or use a fire extinguisher(sp?) 

mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM

OMG......REally???  I did not know that!!!!!!!  EEK!!!!!!  I'm so glad it went out with water.  That scares me!!!  Thanks guys!


MixedCooke
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:49 AM

That's why they created microwaveable popcorn!  LOL Yeah grease fires are scary and I did burn down our kitchen because I was used to cooking with gas and not electric and walked a way from the oil when it was heating up!  I got back and it looked like Backdraft!!

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:54 AM

 That is scary.

But I damn near burn down the kitchen every time I let my daughter cook.

That's why we have flour next to the stove.

Flour extinguishes the fire and absorbs most of the smoke. But it's a bitch to clean.

isaiahsmomma86
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:59 AM

Ohh yes. Here's a video of what could happen... lol, maybe if it works, i've never uploaded a video on her.e


Quoting mommaboudreaux:

OMG......REally???  I did not know that!!!!!!!  EEK!!!!!!  I'm so glad it went out with water.  That scares me!!!  Thanks guys!


Heather- I am a  vaxing, non CIO, disposable diapering, formula feeding, stay at home mommy to Isaiah and happily married to the best hubby ever, Patrick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)