Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kittens destroying everything

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM
  • 4 Replies

We just got 2 kittens. They were at my Dads autoshop- born and raised until the mom left. They're about 8-9wks old.

They are ruining stuff already! Its only been a few days. I'm trying to hang in there- im not a cat person..haven't really been an animal person since my daughter was born.

The shower curtain, item #1 to be ruined by tiny claws.

Hubby made them a scatching post with some toys on it- they love that but are still in trouble everwhere i turn.

When do they become more layed back?? LOL I really just HATE my things being ruined. We've worked hard for what we have- its not alot, but we can't afford to replace anything.

With a new baby coming too, I really wasn't looking forward to a change like this in the household.

I have to keep reminding myself that this was for my hubby. He likes cats....

Is anyone else putting up with animals they don't want? lol

PhotobucketLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:23 PM

look into soft paws (claw covers).  i'm getting a kitten in january and he/she will be getting those on real quick.

http://www.softpaws.com/

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Well not everyone is a fan of this, but I had my cats front declawed. My younger cat can paw away at the couch, blankets, pillows, etc all she wants now, and she no longer runs anything. I can hold her now too. :) It was either that or back to the shelter. I think they like having a comfy home. :)

Kairi is 3!      turkey

FeliciaS23
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I agree with the above i had my cats front claws declawed. it def. helped. .just leave their back claws cause if they get out and chased they can still climb. good luck

RoguesMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Quoting KT9105:

look into soft paws (claw covers).  i'm getting a kitten in january and he/she will be getting those on real quick.

http://www.softpaws.com/

Holy Crap!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! First thing in the morning I'm buying those! Theres light at the end of the tunnel now :)

PhotobucketLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)