Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT IS GOING ON! Cat moms please help me out!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

My cat was locked out last night. Hes not an outside cat period.  Last night was an accident made by DH for not paying attention. I let him in this morning and everything was fine. Until my female started BEATING THE PEE OUTTA HIM! She wont stop pickin on him! I dont get it, they are siblings ive had them both since they could fit in my hand. SHE WONT LAY OFF! Its gotten so bad! I cleaned out my closet tonight and I went to go put clothes away, as soon as I walk in my bedroom i smell it.. yep cat pee.. I go in my closet and BAM EYE WATERING SMELL OF PURE PEE! He has NEVER sprayed in his life, hes almost 3 and Ive never had an issue. I dont have any carpet thankfully. But i have no clue WHY, she would litterally beat the piss outta him! WHY? And HOW do i get the smell out? I have no clue what he peed on.. all that was on the floor was a basket of socks and shoes. Im washing the socks but the smell is still there! Will it stick to the clothes I have hanging up?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Your cat is most likely smelling another animal on the cat that got outside. Cats are very territorial, so it is probably pissing her off.  I'd suggest bathing the cat that got out. It can be a pain, but I've bathed my cats in the tub. As for the pee, go to a pet store and buy some Nature's Miracle. I'd also buy some bitter apple spray.

Kairi is 3!      turkey

Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Weird..one of my indoor babies got out one afternoon..She was outside maybe 3 minutes til I caught her..I bought her in and my other female went ballistic..hissing and growling..I don't know what thats about....As to the clothes..I would wash everything you can ...scrub the carpat...?? I don't know.... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

AMom29
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I don't know, Hon, but here's a bump for you.

(Just out of curiousity -- why isn't he fixed?)

insomniacmom266
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:38 PM

hmm i only had a cat fighting problem with my unsp0ayed female and spayed male

((My whole life i was made to belive i was sick when i wasn't))

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I agree with the first poster. Try bathing him. There's a gazillion smells outside and they stick to the cats. So she's probably trying to defend her territory whereas he's probably just confused-poor thing.

cmhart
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM

i don't know about the cat but the smell i can help with...

my husband and i bought a suite case on craigslist and he brought it home and i have a very sensitive nose and as soon as he walked in i could smell the cat pee. i went online and they had this

mix vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spray the area down. let it dry then spray OUT (i think that is what it is called) its an animal smell deodorizer and let that dry then keep doing that until the smell is gone also cut a russett potato in half and put both halves in your closet right near or on where it sprayed and leave them in there for a day the smell should disappear. 

i hope this helps.  

kenziejosmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:43 PM

This right here. Give your cat a bath, use LOTS of shampoo and scrub it in very well, it should take the smell of other animals out of him. She's probably smelling another cat on him. As for the spraying, you should be able to get it and the pee smell w/bleech (idk if you use it, I only did hwen my cat got mad and peed/sprayed all over our closet!) or other hard cleaners... I'd get some bitter apple spray too though!

Quoting KairisMama:

Your cat is most likely smelling another animal on the cat that got outside. Cats are very territorial, so it is probably pissing her off.  I'd suggest bathing the cat that got out. It can be a pain, but I've bathed my cats in the tub. As for the pee, go to a pet store and buy some Nature's Miracle. I'd also buy some bitter apple spray.

Alison_C
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Some males will still spray, even if they're fixed. My cat sprayed my stuff when my husband and I got married, and again when we moved to where we live now.

Quoting AMom29:

neenerashley
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Never said he wasnt. But i know some male cats will spray even when fixed. Thanks for the bump

Quoting AMom29:

neenerashley
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Like i said hes NEVER sprayed anything before. So i dont know if it because of her that he started to or if its just pee. The only other time I have smelled that was when my dogs scared him. That time it was only HIM that smelled. Im going to try to see if a bath helps. Because she is driving me nuts attacking him. He's been hiding all day long poor guy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)