Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your LO stop the bottle?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM
  • 29 Replies

I was wondering when your babies gave the bottle up?

My DS gave the bottle up the day he turned one...I woke up that morning through all the bottles away and gave him a sippy with 2% milk in it and he didn't even notice...

One reason I ask is because I remember my nephew bawling for his baba and my SIL giving in a lot! Was it easy or hard for ur LO?

OH and my DD is still on the bottle, but she is just 5 months old! lol

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maria.29
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM

my girl was 6 m and my boy was 7 m and i have a 7 m right not working on to a cup and yes it was easy

scrapinmom88
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Quoting maria.29:

my girl was 6 m and my boy was 7 m and i have a 7 m right not working on to a cup

so are they not on formula or are u BF....cause that is really early...but hey if they are willing to try with you...i guess why not!! good for u momma!

junebug624
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I think I started to phase out the bottles at 10 months and it took about a week (not for him, for grandpa).  I also gradually shifted him from formula to whole milk (which they're supposed to have until 2yrs old) around the same time.   I did it slowly just because dh and I had issues with milk when we were babies.  He didnt have any issues at all.

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

aviatorswife
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM

I switched my son from a bottle to a sippy cup at 9 months. He was still on formula though for another 5 months. He was on a regular cup at 18 months.  I think some kids just attach to items more than others. My son never took to a pacifier either.

YoungMommy182
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Same here! right on my DS 1st birthday!!! and it's gnna be the same for my DD she's 9 months...

luvmyaustin
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:44 PM

i have not had a problem yet our first was 11 months second was 10 months and we have a three month old so we will see. also the first two went straight to the sippy no problems what so ever.

p.s. to add they gave the bottles up on their own funny thing was is that they never really liked the bottle and all three were exclusivly bottle fed.

cmhart

my son was just under 13 months and we went right from bottles with formula to sippy cups with whole milk.  he was used to having sippy cups during the day, we did that since he was 8 or 9 months old but he would still have a bottle right before bed.  That was hard so was weaning him off the middle of the night bottle at about 8 or 9 months. but both only took about 3 days.

nikitaboom

Well when my son was about 6 months old we were outside on our way home but he was screaming and he drank all his water and formula. I figured he was thirsty because it was soooooo hot out and we were still a few blocks from home. I was sipping on some apple juice so i put the straw in his mouth and VIOLA he drank it. After that he started refusing the bottle so I baught him a sippy cup... he was off the bottle completely with in a week or 2.

junebug624
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Quoting junebug624:

I think I started to phase out the bottles at 10 months and it took about a week (not for him, for grandpa).  I also gradually shifted him from formula to whole milk (which they're supposed to have until 2yrs old) around the same time.   I did it slowly just because dh and I had issues with milk when we were babies.  He didnt have any issues at all.

P.S. By phasing him to milk, I mean he had milk with powder formula in it for awhile until he was about 12 or 13 months.

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

maria.29
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:45 PM

yes all of them was on formula untill 1 years old

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)