Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pro-choice mamas only please - a poll

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM
  • 108 Replies

Poll

Question: Abortions covered by ins?

Options:

Yes

No

Other - explain please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 252

View Results

Do you think an abortion should be covered by the woman's health insurance?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharebearII
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM

That's a tough one.  lol!

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM

nope no elective procedures should be in my opinion.  if the abortion is to save the woman or otherwise deemed medically necessary then yes.

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:38 PM

While I am pro-choice, I feel the expense should be the sole obligation of the mother and/or father.

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Other. If it's medically necessary- with a second opinion- then I say yes. If not, then no. I don't think insurance should be require to pay for any procedure that is elective. 

CallieLynsMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I had to vote other. If you're raped and become pregnant, it should be covered but other than that, no.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi
beri03

Abortion should only be covered if there is a medical reason or in the case of incest or rape.  Just my opinion. 

2gud2btrue

would that be for all abortions (including rape and medical reasons) or just elective ones?

thanks everyone for voting! :)

Quoting myfoursonsks:

While I am pro-choice, I feel the expense should be the sole obligation of the mother and/or father.

rosa_lee
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Quoting KT9105:

nope no elective procedures should be in my opinion.  if the abortion is to save the woman or otherwise deemed medically necessary then yes.

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

The only way I would be okay with it is if it was deemed "medically necessary".  That would have to be determined on an individual basis.  But, if it is purely elective, I don't think it is right to use benefits from a group health insurance.

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

would that be for all abortions (including rape and medical reasons) or just elective ones?

thanks everyone for voting! :)

Quoting myfoursonsks:

A_Renee
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Abortions are covered by some medical insurance.....in some states it is a benefit that can not be excluded...learned that working in private insurance for many years.....now, whether or not they should be...can't answer that, but I am pro-choice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)