Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I deleted my MIL

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM
  • 29 Replies

Ok so right now dh and i are living with his parents (not by choice but its a long story and not really relevant) so his mom is really nosey! most of the time i just dont pay any mind to her shes gonna do what shes gonna do it is her house.... well one day after dh n i had gotten in big fight (right around the time i found out i was prego) idk if she knew i wasnt in our room cause i walked in to her like checking up on me, i watched her literally log in myspace (which i dont even use anymore) go to my page, log out go to facebook and go to my profile and sit there and read all my status updates!!! i was like wtf??!!! so shortly after she made some comment that i knew she only sd indirectly based on my status updates i deleted her from my friends on facebook... i left her on myspace cause well like i sd i dont even use it.... but it just pissed me off that she did that lol would u of been irritated by it?

having a baby

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LvnDeadGrl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:53 PM

No. I don't think it would irritate me.

LuckyStars3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM

If only we could delete them in RL.   

UncondtnlLove
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Wow, you must be really tolerant b/c an invasion of privacy like that would definitely irritate me. I mean I wouldn't be extremely upset about it but I would at least be irritated.

Quoting LvnDeadGrl:

aviatorswife
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:56 PM

So, did she log into your account or hers? I got a little confused there. If it were your account, yeah, I'd be mad. If it was hers I probably would  think that was a bit strange that she feels the need to check me so thoroughly, but if you have her as a friend then it's there for her to see and it really isn't a big deal. I might have deleted her too, not knowing your situation I'm not sure, but if she's always in your business then yeah, that just gives her one less place to be so nosey concerning you. You have to live together but you don't have to be in each others business all the time.  I would just have as many boundaries as I could without making things weird. Even though it's her home, you deserve to have some amount of privacy. You need your own space and room to be you. I wouldn't feel bad about it.

Cecilias_mommy
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:03 AM

she logged into her account and went straight to my profiles to read all updates and comments i dont know what she was looking for it just weirded me out a bit... i thlink if i tell dh that i deleted her he would get mad at me cause well like most men hes defensive of his mommy lol but shes always like concerning herself with matters that dont involve her to the point where hubby has actually gotten irritated about it

Quoting aviatorswife:

So, did she log into your account or hers? I got a little confused there. If it were your account, yeah, I'd be mad. If it was hers I probably would  think that was a bit strange that she feels the need to check me so thoroughly, but if you have her as a friend then it's there for her to see and it really isn't a big deal. I might have deleted her too, not knowing your situation I'm not sure, but if she's always in your business then yeah, that just gives her one less place to be so nosey concerning you. You have to live together but you don't have to be in each others business all the time.  I would just have as many boundaries as I could without making things weird. Even though it's her home, you deserve to have some amount of privacy. You need your own space and room to be you. I wouldn't feel bad about it.

having a baby

connietrrll
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I understand it. I have facebook, myspace, tagged, yearbook, and of course cafemom. She is on most of them, but definitely not as a friend of mine. I even have an account with yearbook just for her. I set it up and have all men on it. No family. She tried to show my husband he said that is not hers. This is and he typed in my sign in that he knows. It was totally different. Now I just have my privacy set so she can't see it.

LvnDeadGrl
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:14 AM

It isn't an invasion of privacy if she is logging into her own account and checking things you have posted publicly on your page.

My rule of thumb is, if I don't think I would be comfortable with them seeing what I write on facebook, I don't add them.

I do consider myself to be a tolerant person. It isn't easy to upset me. I'm not saying you have no right to be upset. I was just answering your question.

Quoting UncondtnlLove:

Wow, you must be really tolerant b/c an invasion of privacy like that would definitely irritate me. I mean I wouldn't be extremely upset about it but I would at least be irritated.

Quoting LvnDeadGrl:

LavenderMom23
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:15 AM

I just deleted my MIL in real life. So I feel your pain.

cornucopia pumpkin pie 1360 The Eucharist is a sacrifice of thanksgiving to the Father, a blessing by which the Church expresses her gratitude to God for all his benefits, for all that he has accomplished through creation, redemption, and sanctification. Eucharist means first of all "thanksgiving." - CCC, SE, pg. 343

KT9105
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I agree with Maranda.  It's not an invasion of privacy, I go to my friends & family members' pages - and they go to mine.  What would be the point in having someone be your friend if that was a no no?

Quoting LvnDeadGrl:

It isn't an invasion of privacy if she is logging into her own account and checking things you have posted publicly on your page.

My rule of thumb is, if I don't think I would be comfortable with them seeing what I write on facebook, I don't add them.

I do consider myself to be a tolerant person. It isn't easy to upset me. I'm not saying you have no right to be upset. I was just answering your question.

Quoting UncondtnlLove:

Quoting LvnDeadGrl:

Cecilias_mommy
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM

i never sd it was an invasion of privacy, i kno she can see what i write it just weirded me out like she was looking for something to use against me or who knows what...... and hence y i deleted her if she wants to sit there n dig for who knows what she doesnt need to have it available to her... my dh is in my friends so obviously if there was something that could be used against me i dont think id put it where my husband and all my friends can see (ive always had private profiles).....and im pretty sure i have some right to feel how i do

Quoting LvnDeadGrl:

having a baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)