Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swaddle mes....

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:28 AM
  • 26 Replies

Has anyone used the Swaddle me Kidopatomus swaddle things? I got one and to be honest I am scared to sleep my son in it.. Anyways what were yalls experiences with it, or anything simmilar?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrystalJulianna
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:42 AM

I love it. My son didnt like having his arms in it. So we just wrap it aroud him. have his arm out. There other one that the baby could have there arms out.

Halo-SleepSack Wearable Fleece Blacket...

@ walmart

kemmerer411
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:44 AM

I have one... but I havent gotten to try it out yet... my baby hasn't arrived yet!

MaeHamMomma
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:47 AM

IDK but I want one for my soon to be son. I hope they work well!

butterflyblu
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:53 AM

I actually have 3 and I didn't like them at all.  My son could wiggle out of them very easily and they did not stay put properly.  I could never get them tight enough and he was an average sized baby.  We used receiving blankets to swaddle and it worked much better.  Around 2 months, he decided he didn't like swaddling anymore so I used sleep sacks.  Those are awesome!

First_One_8_18
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:55 AM

I loved them so much, I had 4 for DS and bought more for this one!

They are on my top 5 can't- live without- things, right next to my breast pump!

ETA- my DS was 10 lbs 2oz , 24 in long and didn't free himself until a little later.

Pregnancy ticker

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

imamombygrace
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:55 AM

I have 2 and she LOVED them!

Lilly-Rose "Doots"                                          Emma-Kay "Slimer"
 Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?

ashleyanderic
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:59 AM
I just was talking about those with my mom today at babiesrus, what if they roll over on their tummies and get stuck?? Idk I worry too much! Lol but I don't see the point in them, why hold down their hands and arms???

First_One_8_18
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Newborns like to be swaddled. If you don't swaddle them, they tend to wake themselves up because they can't control the movement of their arms and can hit themselves.

I take it this is your first baby?

Quoting ashleyanderic:

I just was talking about those with my mom today at babiesrus, what if they roll over on their tummies and get stuck?? Idk I worry too much! Lol but I don't see the point in them, why hold down their hands and arms???

Pregnancy ticker

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Kikesama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:03 AM

I got the Medium sized and either I'm swaddling wrong or my boys gonna need a large soon lol. He was 10lb 10oz on the 5th. hes almost 6 weeks old. I'm just a worry wart but I have him in it right now and he seems comfy. I just wonder if he's too tight or hot. I told yah I'm a worry wart. lol

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I have both of these. My youngest (2 1/2 weeks old) LOVES the Swaddle Me. I don't put his hands in. He likes to keep them by his face. He sleeps so much better and deeper while swaddled and he just squirms out of a regular blanket. The Halo Sleep Sack is OK, but I think it would work better for an older baby who doesn't want to be swaddled anymore. Right now, my son doesn't sleep as well in it as he does in the Swaddle Me.

Oh, and I love how the Swaddle Me has different sizes and different materials. We have one in a thin cotton material and one in a fleece material. Our Halo Sleep Sack is just a thin cotton material and I didn't see a different option where I bought it.

Quoting CrystalJulianna:

I love it. My son didnt like having his arms in it. So we just wrap it aroud him. have his arm out. There other one that the baby could have there arms out.

Halo-SleepSack Wearable Fleece Blacket...

@ walmart

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)