Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Normal for 5 weeks? *edit 2*

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:43 AM
  • 27 Replies

Is it normal to grow this much between 4 and 5 weeks?

I'm starting to worry I am farther along than I think I am.  Talked to an OBGYN and they want me to schedule an ultrasound for next week.

Here is me at 4 weeks:

And this is today at 5 weeks (yes, I'm wearing the same outfit and same pose so it is easier to see the difference.  LOL)

And please feel free to share your own belly pics.  :)

EDIT

This is my second baby, with my first I didn't start showing until well into my 7th month.  I am a little bloated, but I can usually suck that in, but in the second pic, I am sucking in as hard as I can.  LOL.  I'm wondering if I'm not farther along.  And, I am a fraternal twin, so I guess that is also a possibility...but my my doc won't do an ultrasound until next week at the very earliest.  I'm 5 weeks today based on my last menstrual period.

EDIT #2

I carried very high with my DD, even when she dropped for delivery she was above my belt line and my doc says I just have a high uterus.  AND I had two meals today (salad for lunch and some cheese manicotti for dinner with a small salad) and I've been having a bowel movement or going pee at least 3 times an hour all day *sorry TMI* so I don't think it's what I ate...  But again...I don't know what it is!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlyssaMommy2008
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:44 AM

you might be having more than one!

begamom

it's probably just bloating...

psychmama

I have heard you show sooner with your second. But I honestly don't know??

blakie123
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:45 AM

did u eat alot? with me id eat and my belly would get a lil bigger,then go down in the morning!

elegan

I am 6'2" so I didn't actually start showing until I was six months along. 

RVTMommy

is this your first baby? id say either your farther along than you think or your bloated! (not trying to be mean). Unless you have more kids, than its normal to show earlier than the first, but you look about 12 weeks to me!

LilyGiannaMommy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:46 AM

this or My SIL gained all her weight in like the second month. She looked like she was about to pop like at 3 months along. She has a similar build to you.

Quoting AlyssaMommy2008:

you might be having more than one!

hautemama83

I can't really say for sure either way, but I can tell you that I showed VERY early in both of my pregnancies (I also was huge during both), and at 5 weeks you couldn't even tell I was pregnant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ballerinamom

Most women bloat a lot in the beginning months of pregnancy... Does your tummy seem to be flatter in the am and bigger in the pm?

isaiahsmomma86

Quoting begamom:

it's probably just bloating...

Heather- I am a  vaxing, non CIO, disposable diapering, formula feeding, stay at home mommy to Isaiah and happily married to the best hubby ever, Patrick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)