Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can anyone help me please!?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:37 AM
  • 12 Replies

i have been nauseous since 9 am this morning(technically yesterday since its 12:35 AM)

i am 6 wks pregnant, on my 2nd pregnancy.

my 1st pregnancy i had morning sickness, puked(sorry if tmi) and then was good

However today is the first day ive been more than a tiny bit sick and i cant even hold down water or crackers. But the WORST part is the in-between the puking. I am so very shaky and so nauseous it's unbearable. i almost wish i was constantly puking

any ideas?

DeLaina,  Wife of SPC Jonathan Craft <3, Mama to daughter Natalee Michelle- 17 months,  and baker of one little bun in the oven-6 weeks!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshGabKaiser
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:40 AM

They used to say that if ya took 1/2 a  unisom ( sleeping pill ) and a vitamin B  at bedtime, it'd really curb your nausea / morning sickness.  I did this with all of mine and it worked for me.  Also, banana  popscicles help. ( unless ya can't stand banana .....then I'd try a flavor you like

MikeysMom51108
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Unfortunately, sometimes you just have to suffer through it. I'm going through the same thing right now. Except, when I try to throw up, I just dry heave and feel no relief.

The first response says to take unisom--but I wouldn't suggest that. I'm not sure if it's safe during pregnancy, but even if it is, according to my OB, you should try not to take anything besides prenatals until you're at least 12 weeks.

When I was pregnant with my son--nothing worked for my nausea. Right now, pretzels seem to be okay with this one....Last week, 3 days in a row, pretzels were all I ate =( I hate this part of pregnancy.....

Good luck!

SpcCraftsWife
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:44 AM

thanks..call my dr. tomorrow, ive been chewing on ice for like almost 16 hours now. not to mention im freakin starvin....i just want some relief so i can sleep!!!

DeLaina,  Wife of SPC Jonathan Craft <3, Mama to daughter Natalee Michelle- 17 months,  and baker of one little bun in the oven-6 weeks!

TwinDaze
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Are you sure you don't have food poisoning?

SpcCraftsWife
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:47 AM

about the food poisoning, im not sure, i thought it happened relatively quickly, and i had an early dinner but stayed up late last night and nothing to eat until 1:30 pm today, but i have been sick since about 9 AM or a little earlier this morning

lizzy-k
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:50 AM

chewing on ice is the worst thing for you. ice is full of air bubbles which will give you gas and keep you feeling nauseous. make sure that you do call the dr. the flu is going around bad.

Quoting SpcCraftsWife:

thanks..call my dr. tomorrow, ive been chewing on ice for like almost 16 hours now. not to mention im freakin starvin....i just want some relief so i can sleep!!!

lizzy-k
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:53 AM

food poisoning could be anywhere from one hour up to 10 days before you have signs. you can google it. sorry about all the answers but i was a nurse and a EMT.

Quoting SpcCraftsWife:

about the food poisoning, im not sure, i thought it happened relatively quickly, and i had an early dinner but stayed up late last night and nothing to eat until 1:30 pm today, but i have been sick since about 9 AM or a little earlier this morning

SpcCraftsWife
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Quoting lizzy-k:

chewing on ice is the worst thing for you. ice is full of air bubbles which will give you gas and keep you feeling nauseous. make sure that you do call the dr. the flu is going around bad.

Quoting SpcCraftsWife:

ohhh. lol shows how much i know. i will do that because this morning i had some stomach cramps, like not baby cramps, but kinda sicky cramps...plus its pretty bad down here in louisiana(the flu), but i dont have really any other symptoms, im not feeling feverish or anything...im just miserable :(

SpcCraftsWife
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Quoting lizzy-k:

food poisoning could be anywhere from one hour up to 10 days before you have signs. you can google it. sorry about all the answers but i was a nurse and a EMT.

Quoting SpcCraftsWife:

no i appreciate anything you have to give me, im totally lost here...nothing i have tried has worked. thanks for your feedback, seriously!

lizzy-k
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:04 AM

one more small advice LOL.... when your sick dont drink through a straw. because half of your straw is filled with air also and then when you drink you suck in that air before you get any drink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)