Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name Post

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

I haven't been on here in a while and i'm bored. Let's do a name post! What are your children and future children's names? Is there a meaning or reason behind them? Do you like unusual or traditional names? Let's talk names! :)

My daughter's name is Mikayla Adele! I always liked the name Mikayla for some reason. Her middle name, Adele, is her Godmother and my best friend Rachel's middle name. I really liked the name Adele and it fit because she was named after her Godmother. I am really glad that I did that because she passed away in a car accident in June. It was almost like I knew what the future held.

If I ever have a son, his name will be Evan Blake. Again, I have always liked the name Evan. Blake after another close friend who passed away. He was Rachel's boyfriend and my Fiance's best friend. He was in the car accident with her.

If we happen to have another girl, her name will be Michaelyn Aline. Michaelyn because we still want to honor Blake and his middle name was Michael. Aline after my Fiance's mother.

I seem to like a mix of unique and traditional names. I think it sounds nice to blend them together. Also, I am kind of stuck on M names for girls.

Mommy to a Princess

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Kael Alekzandr, his middle name is a tribute to a little boy who lost his fight with neuroblastoma.

Future kids:

Boys: either Draco Atreides, or Raziel Osiris

Girls: Avelina Winter or Lyra Swansong

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:14 AM

My daughters name is Kylie Anastasia.  Kylie I just really liked that name and Anastasia because her dh is Russian.  I like bringing in cultural diversity into our family as much as possible.  If we would have had a boy his name would have been Dimitri Olegovich.  Dimitri because I really like that name and Olegovich after his dad.  Funny thing is my husband's name is Oleg Olegovich.  He was named after his father

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:15 AM

My sons name is Michael Richard Nelson --
*Michael after his dad
*Richard - his dads dad whom my son never met
*Nelson - my dads middle name (we didnt wanna leave him out)

My daughters name is Harmoni Arabella Lynn --
*Harmoni - her dad named her , for his love of music ... and soon as i found the meaning - i knew it was for us "beautiful blending" (hes bi-racial , im white ... lil mix of both)
*Arabella - i picked it bc i never heard it used , and its italian ... he liked it bc of the meaning "answered prayer" - he said all the negative pregnancy tests , he sat and prayed and wished for a baby (damn depo! LOL)
*Lynn - my moms middle name , she passed before she met my kids ...

If we have a son , we like Ma'Zari ... i like Klaiton and Donovan (he doesnt lol)

I like more unusual names ...

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:16 AM

My son's name is Armando.... after his daddy, no one likes only me! lol

my daughter is Jaylee Nicole.... I LOVE her name!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Keara Nareese from Star Trek Deep Space nine

McKenna Breeze

Phoenix Cheyanne. Phoenix from X-MEN

Angelina Raecko   Raecko for my 2nd cousin's deceased wife

Trinity Rayne.   Trinity from the Matrix.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:19 AM

My oldest sons name is Zachary Matthew. I just always liked the name Zachary and Matthew is from my dh's name.

My middle sons name is Jackson Lynn. Jackson was another name we liked. His middle name comes from a close friend of my dh that died in car accident.

Our third son was named Stetson Wyatt. My husband completey named him. There was no story behind his name until after he died. His middle name mean strength of a warrior. Our tough little guy out lived all the doctors expectations.

If we have another boy I don't know what his name would be. If we have a girl, which I doubt, her name would be Natalie Brynn. Natalie just a name we liked and Brynn is a form of my middle name. Just a little fact, all of our kids first names have 7 letters in it. My dh and I have 7 letters in our names too. 

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:19 AM

My son's name is Michael John. He's a third--named after his daddy and grandpa.

If the next one is a girl, her name will be Alexandra Paige, just because I've always liked that name.

If it's a boy, he will be Elijah Glen. I like the name Elijah, and Glen is my dad's and my brother's middle name as well as my husband's late uncle's first name--so it's kind of to honor all of them.

I typically prefer more traditional names. Although, every once in a while I come across a really cute unique name that I happen to like.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Our daughter now is named Violet Olivia.

When I was 10 weeks pregnant I had a dream I was in the hospital and the bassinet next to me said Baby girl Violet Olivia, We didn't even know we were having a girl yet. We say she named herself LOL.

If we have another girl her name will be

Lulu Claire

If itis a boy his name will be

Declan Davis

All four are family names and it works out well because we love the names Lula and Declan!

by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:29 AM

My daughter's name is Rachel Joy - We want Bible names for the first names of all our kids and we both agreed on and loved Rachel and loved the name "Joy" with it.

Our first son's name will be Isaac Michael - again a Bible first name. Michael is my husband's name

Our next daughter's name was going to be Naomi Grace - Bible first name - we loved the 2nd name with it and it kind of keeps the theme with our daughter's name. My best friend passed away on Monday though so we've decided to add her name on (DH didn't want to take out either of the other names) so it will be Naomi Jessica Grace

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Our sons name is Isaiah Douglas, Isaiah was the only name we could agree on (lol) and douglas is hubbys, hubby's dad and grandpas middle name. He gets special treatment over his cousins with my inlaws because of it. Isnt that sad?

Heather- I am a  vaxing, non CIO, disposable diapering, formula feeding, stay at home mommy to Isaiah and happily married to the best hubby ever, Patrick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)