Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Families

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:35 AM
  • 6 Replies

so i was on another post and it made me think is it wrong that i dont explain to my daughters that my sons are their half brothers, while i do call their bio dads children half brother and sisters? i should point out that my sons dad have raised my girls from 2 years, and 2 months old

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:03 AM

I think whatever you think is best will work out.  I would consider any children i have all regular brother/sister whereas i think if the childrens father has children with another woman they would be half.

Ixchel183
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:09 AM

i think when they are old enough to understand you can break it down to them. but if they are still little siblings are siblings, it doesn't really matter how. i have an older half brother and half sister, but i've always thought of them as my brother and sister just as much as my little sister who is full blood.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

smbcwr04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I think whatever you think is best will work out.  I would consider any children i have all regular brother/sister whereas i think if the childrens father has children with another woman they would be half.

ok thats what i thought too

McKs0820
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:11 AM

Quoting Ixchel183:

i think when they are old enough to understand you can break it down to them. but if they are still little siblings are siblings, it doesn't really matter how. i have an older half brother and half sister, but i've always thought of them as my brother and sister just as much as my little sister who is full blood.

your daughter is too cute in that ticker picture!

smbcwr04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Quoting Ixchel183:

they dont interact with bio dads kids anyway maybe thats why i put in the half . my boys and girls are all raised by me and hubby and the 6 of us are a family so thats why i dont feel that the half is necessary when it comes to my boys

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Its not wrong. I am in a similar situation and maybe when he is older and ask I will explain it, but to me it doesn't matter. My son does have another half sister though , his fathers daughter who he doesn't know and that is one that bugs me. We live in a small town and they are very close to the same age. I want them to know each other before they reach middle school if possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)