Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone know what to do?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:42 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have felt on the verge of getting sick all day and now, my throat is tingly (like right before it starts getting sore)  and i feel flush now...anyone know anything i can do to offset getting sick or make it more mild???? i already took 3,000 IU of Vitamin D and my multivitamin.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
junebug624
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Vitamin C and lots of fluids... also try not to take a fever reducer unless you absolutely have to... if your temp is raised slightly, it causes your lymph nodes to produce white blood cells to fight the sickness. 

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

zackaroosmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:51 AM

maybe gargling salt water 

ashleyanderic
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM
Theraflu severe cold and tonnnns of sleep! I've been sick quite a few times during pregnancy and I wish I could have taken that=[ hope u feel better!

MixedCooke
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Halls makes Vitamin C drops and i pretty much eat that throughout the day and the symptoms completely subside within a day.

hmommy07
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:01 AM

i gargled salt water and that is the GROSSEST thing ever YUCK!!!!!!!

ballerina18
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:03 AM

I add apple cider vinegar to some hot tea. Check out www.earthclinic.com for some other ideas =)

I am an educated, breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co-sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling, liberal, pro-choice, atheist mama to a beautiful two year old girl! My S.O. is my equal and my best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT not a privilege!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)