Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crash.....BOOM....*scurries away in fear*

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:27 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have this old cat named Mayhem. Let me rephrase; she is older but not old. I believe she is between 3-8. Not really certain on her actual age;since we got her from someone else when she was already fully grown.

Well, we put up our tree, and ever since then she has been sitting underneath it.

Early this morning me and the DH were sitting in the kitchen when we see the tree shake; we knew instantly what was going on; so we get up and yell at this cat, but before we could get all the words out; the tree shakes violently; hits the floor and the cat comes shooting out like it was in some sort of cannon and runs off.

My poor tree didn't survive the 8.5 earthquake that will be forever known as Mayhem. Every ornament on the north side of that tree shattered on impact..

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:29 AM

LOL.....I love that name...Sorry about the tree... I have 3 cats...One year I know they climbed up inside it but I tie it to the wall so it cant fall over....

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

gypsydancer7
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Ohhh no. That sucks.  Im watching my SIL's cats and since I put my tree up yesterday they are banished to the basement

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Sorry. But I had too!laughing

katiebugg319
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:33 AM

LMFAO too funny! our cat Kio was the same way we had the tree up and all the purple ornaments (s/o's tree that didn't come down until may or last year LOL) she would climb up it some times it would shake others it would fall we're STILL finding ornaments as we are rearranging our house(baby crawling) we've found about 10? can't wait to see how many more we find! LOL

allurasmamma
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Awe i am sorry for half of your tree lose...lol.

I remember a couple years ago, i was preggo's, and my cat and me got stuck in the tree...... Long story short he was way in the back, we always got huge trees and pinned them to the wall, so i tried to squeeze behind there to get him and got stuck back there. My gram was on the floor laughing. The cat I swore was laughing also! Dumb ass people...lol. We had to take the whole tree down to get my big butt out of it! LOL.

Before my gram passed this year, we would always talk about that come christmas time... It was so funny because noone was in the room when i did it, and i was screaming "i am stuck in this tree people come get me out. Damn cat!

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I remember when I was a kid and we had to tie the tree to the wall..... I have an artificial tree now so we only have to worry about the cats batting the ornaments around. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)